The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Army

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2003, 07:21 PM

Still not official that I'll be going to Alaska... as soon as the real orders come through and I am in the system I can try to have a little influence over what unit I am assigned to in the state... problem is I am having troubles finding much info... and my connection sucks - gotta few more weeks to search though. Believe it or not - - - I really want to go... and can't wait!

btw - I hear Alaska is a great place to visit friends while on vacation..........
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2003, 08:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I recommend anytime in September after Labor Day. The tourists are gone, sales are great (I got my mucklucks custom made for half the price of picking a pair off the shelf) and winter hasn't hit yet

Old 11-10-2003, 06:05 AM

Hey Brad,

Just had a thought maybe you'll get involved in the new pipe line they are talking about building? Now that would be something. You would sure get to see much of the Northwest territories. I'm sure the Army Corp of Engineers will be involved in that project.

Plus you can use your new explosives training to blast your way through.

Be safe -

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Robert J Ryan

Forget the name of the Army fort in Juneau, you will be cold, but you won't freeze there. Froze my butt off at Fort Wainright, and that was only for 2 month exercise for my unit that was stationed at Fort Lewis, takes a tough soldier to serve up there.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:52 AM

I'm half-way between in Anchorage - Ft. Richardson.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Robert J Ryan

Good Luck up there Brad, Ft Richardson, huh? Anchorage isn't that bad . Stay warm in the winter, how do you like the summers in Alaska where the sun doesn't go down until 10:00 p.m. Wait until the winters where if the sun comes up at all it will be about 9:30 10:00 am.m., and then it pitch dark by 2:30 3:00 p.m.. One thing for sure, you'll have a White Christmas as long as your up there. Wait till you see the size of the vegetable they grow up there in the summer.