The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2005, 04:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
You were doing good there for a couple of weeks.....What happened?
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2005, 07:54 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Quote:
[i]Packo I

(Now, is that Packo "the First" or Packo the "eye"? I'll bet you all another $50 I know the answer.)
I (eye) know the answer!...It's Packowalski the Eye, leader of a little known Italian Polish Mafia Group!

Now you can send the $50 to any charitable bar girl you know from SC...never let it be said that I did not look out for those "under" me!

Travski the I (read first)

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Seabee
Distinctions
Contributor 

OK, I am just a dumb Irish Seabee, and I am not looking for a fight, but I recall going to orientations before going to Nam and being shown maps. They showed Viet Nam in sectors showing area of responsibility. Where we were going (Danang the first time) was In an area shown as I Corps and was referred to as (eye corps.) If I remember Maj. Gen. Walt was area commander. Now I could be completely wrong, but that's how I remember it.

Any day above ground is a good day
Old 12-20-2005, 08:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Dan
Being one of them Seebee's, would you Navy guys then refer to
II (2) Corp as aye aye Corp?
Bob (butthole) K

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-20-2005, 09:44 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

And I'm a just dumb Irish Lass that can verify a whole lot of folks including my bro, my husband, and those they served with referred to I Corp as "eye" Corp. I've used "eye" Corp in every conversation I've ever had regarding Vietnamwiththose that were in countryand never once have been corrected. It mayhave been GI slang but at least in the early years of the war it was widely used even as Bill Farnie and the Seebee noted. Frisco said it right when he said both sides are correct.

On CRS (can't remember sh*t) I think most of you all know this but in case some of you have forgot there are a lot of people that came home from Vietnam and still don't know exactly where the hell they were, they got attached, unattached, it was justcowboy up, and drive on.It's easier for people that read and write the history of that time to connect the dotssometimes than it is for the men that were there.James post is an excellent example of what I'm trying to say here.

Quote:
II Field Force

Don't know about I Field Force but because I was in II Field Force, I suspected there was a I Field Force. Was there a III and IV Field FORces also? Did this correspond with I Corps, II Corps, etc?. I never actually figured out what this all meant: I mean I was in II Corps in II Field Force iin the MACV LRRPS attached to the 4th Div. Seems like a whole lot of supervision for one little lrrp. Needless to say none of these people ever went on patrol withh me. Was there actually a seperate comand called I & II (And III And IV?) Firld Forces? Was this a unified command over the units in the area? OR just another layer of military bureaucracy to ignore?
Still trying to figure it all out Stay good James

I don't know about combat related PTSD but in my experience trying to piece my history together can not only be painful but sometimes I'm down right embarrassed in the process. I'm reaching for words and dates in a conversation with others listening thinking what theheck? Sometimes I just can't get there from here as fast as others. I talk to others that remember every detail of their growing up but I have huge blank spaces withsnap shots here and there that no one can confirm because the people involved are all dead.

Sorry didn't mean to ruin Christmas but Andy's words regardingthe tough guys often come back to me and especially this time of year.Take iteasy on each other and yourself.

Peace on your paths today....

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 12-20-2005, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sis
You are absolutly right.....I had no idea where I was going or where I've been. All I know for sure is, I was directly in front of the truck behind me and directly behind the truck in front of me. After talking with Sid a few months ago..... I (me) found out I (me) was in III (3) and IV (4) Corp.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default just to restate it

Eye Core was a slang term for first core but was alo nown as cyklops. Then there was 2eye core which needed glasses an tree eye core was a far sighted outfit. 4 eye core could see and was better off than two eye core. In retrospect they were all an eyesore.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: just to restate it

Quote:
Originally posted by PHO127 Eye Core was a slang term for first core but was alo nown as cyklops. Then there was 2eye core which needed glasses an tree eye core was a far sighted outfit. 4 eye core could see and was better off than two eye core. In retrospect they were all an eyesore.
Good one, Pho!!!I (eye)was with a XXIV Corps unit which was the Sr. Tactical command in I (eye) corps.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:47 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Seabee
Distinctions
Contributor 

Bob, Bob, Bob......Go back to the bar, wrap a bandage around your thingie, have a couple of stiff ones, and I don't mean your thingie. Like the LT. said who gives a big rats a$$, what corp any of us were in. The shooting was the same all over. I'll by the first my friend.

Any day above ground is a good day