The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2007, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Unhappy Prayers for Tiny

Tiny was in my platoon in Viet Nam. Last time I saw him in RVN we were putting him on a medivac cause his legs were shreaded by an RPG. We called him Tiny cause he was about 6foot 6 and 280 pounds. Never saw or heard from him till about 3 years ago , when he called me out of the blue. He and his wife were in Atlanta for the night so I got Sid and we went over to see him. He had lost both legs real high up and was in a wheel chair. What a great reunion we had. Hugged , cried , laughted and remembered. God brought us together and our friendship deepened. We helped each other through our friendship. Mustache Mike and I went and visited him and his family in Abilene , TX last Jan.His wife just called me and he is in the hospital. Last night something broke in his nose and he lost two pints of blood before they got him to the hospital. His blood is messed up , his spleen ain't working right and he has liver cancer. Lot of people I know have died these last two years , and I am praying like crazy that the Lord not take Tiny home just yet. Please keep Tiny and his family in your thoughts and prayers . Thank you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2007, 09:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Prayers for you buddy LT, God is with Tiny.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 01-08-2007, 09:55 AM

Gee - LT sorry to hear about Tiny. I can only hope he will pull through. These are always tough days for many friends and family. We can only pray for him that things will improve.

As you know we will always fight the battles life seems to toss our way. Tiny will make a good effort I'm sure and he will do all he can to pull through this.

Though this is little comfort LT - I will keep Tiny in my prayers as I do for many who are in need. Miracles are mystic things to me and I don't know how many are still around but I'm sure if there are some Tiny will get one - lets keep the faith and hope for the best.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-08-2007, 11:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

My prayers for Tiny and his family.

May God Bless,

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: gif 78520bb09a5f4c68ab239126c88b15ac.gif (19.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-08-2007, 01:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

John
Damn!!! We were just talkin' about Tiny and the possibility of him coming to the mtn. Prayers are definitely enroute for Tiny's speedy recovery
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 01-08-2007, 01:38 PM

Bob didn't we call him last time he was in the hospital? I know we've talked on the phone and he was under some pressure to make the trip by many. Let's hope for the best.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-08-2007, 01:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Prayers out Homie

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 01-08-2007, 02:13 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Red face Prayers Outgoing For Tiny and His Family:

I am not a very religious person but every day I say a few simple Get Well prayers for Andy and also ask that Andy's Family be given the strength to help Andy through his ordeal.

I will now ask The Man Above to also consider curing Tiny of his dreadful illness as well, and to give Tiny's Family the strength to assist Tiny in his hour of need.

I will also ask my Vietnam Veteran Family, that I have acquired on this great Web Site, to join me in praying for both Andy and Tiny. They both really need our faith and prayers now, more then ever. With prayer anything is possible so lets all get behind both of our Brothers. I know they would do the same for us if the roles were reversed.

To the rest of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again offer you all a most heart felt and sincere: WELCOME HOME:

My daily prayers on their way to Andy and his Family.

My new daily prayers on their way to Tiny and his family.

VIETNAM 1968
Old 01-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Prayers out to tiny and all of his family!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Prayers out for Tiny, Andy, And all my net family