The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2002, 11:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

I already wrote them earlier..and am now getting ahold of their coporate office and their snail mail addy.
I saw this last night..and even though I am not a vet..I am a (sort of) Army wife and I thought it was plain rude and insensitive to everyone..especially the Vietnam vets..but truly everyone that cares anything about our military, and the men who so bravely serve.
Old 05-03-2002, 11:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Just heard it again ...

...@ 2:40 my time ...
...unbelievable, Who would authorize a promo like that to be aired...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 01:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

Okay guys..heres your target!

A&E Television Networks
email is viewer1@aet.com
Telephone is (212) 210-1400 (if you want to speak to a person dont press anything..just wait)
fax is (212)850-9304
Mailing address is A&E Television Networks
235 East 45th Street
New York NY 10017
(You can note it to Viewer Relations or any of those listed below or not note it at all)

Nickolas Davatzes President and CEO A&E Television Network
Whitney Goit II Executive Vice President A&E Television Network
Dan Davids Executive Vice President General Manager A&E Network
** Abbe Raven Executive Vice President General Manager History Channel
Ronald Schneider Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing

There you go...if you need any other information I'll try and find it.
Old 05-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Sent faxes to all parties named. So far no responce of any kind from email or posting to their forums.
Old 05-03-2002, 02:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wouldn't know what "accurate" reporting of "history" was

if it BIT THEM IN THE ASS!!!

Now you see why I don't go over there any more (History channel--vets.com)

PHUCK-UM!!

My e-mails & letters are being "composed" for sending to all the locations and individuals Hoyin has provided here for us.

Another "PISSED-OFF" Suthern Boy,,

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 05-03-2002, 02:49 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default I "be" makin' a phone call

in just a half second here.

Quote:
How long will this shit go on? As long as the war is taught as a big loss and us as losers in our failing Government owned schools, and by assholes that work for Big T.V. who were probably long hairs in college who burned their draft cards and pissed up our legs.
I could not have said it better than my friend Packo. And I might add that most media/academic types are over- educated/brainwashed/with a driving desire to push their worldview/political/historical views on the rest of us poor ignorant peasants out here in the Heartland of America.

Ok everybody take a moment of your day walk out side your door look east but don't bow/head up and proud now/raise both hands in the air and fly a double California Howdy towards the A&E Office in NYC!!

And don't forget one thing. You don't need anyone to define who you are. You know who you are! These people and those like them do not deserve the space they are takin' up in your brain. It is much to valuable to waste on these talking heads. Peace! Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-03-2002, 05:33 PM

Default Hoyin, Thanks for the email address

I sent A&E the following email:

The advertisement for the up coming "History of the Army" on the History channel states that the men of the Army were losers in the Vietnam War. If you check your history books you will find the Army was pulled out of Vietnam in 1973 and the war was lost in 1975. You who are advertising the show with these lies are the losers.
The politicians tied both of the military's hands behind their back with "limited Warfare" They never let the military fight to win, only to appease their constituents. If the Army had been free to fight a full scale war, they would have won, that is the simple fact.
I met your kind back in 1967 in Height Ashbury, they spit on me and called me baby burner. I met your kind again in 1968 when I went to the VFW and was told I was not welcome because I had not fought in a real foreign war. We were cursed, spit on, called many names, and treated as outcast.
Out of disgust for the way the American public treated we service men, I got out of the Navy after ten years of what I thought was my career field.
Time passed but we were never recognized for our service to county. We have always remained outcast, but the public did stop calling us names, or at least I thought they had. Now on National TV you call the Army Vietnam vets "losers".
I will not sink to your level and call you the names I would like to, but I will demand a public apology on National TV for your despicable act against the honor of those who died on the battle fields of Vietnam and for those who served honorably on those battle fields, only to return to an ungrateful country who honored traitors like Jane Fonda.

Vietnam Vet and Proud
Edgar Tullar

Again, don't believe it will do any good, but again it made me feel better to blast them a little.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:53 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default My mail to them

For SHAME!..I am a disabled Vietnam veteran who,until now,has spent many hours viewing A&E and History Channel.No more..How dare you perpetuate the myth of the U.S.Army Veterans as losers!? You sure have used miles of footage of us in your programming over the years that has obviously endeared you to your sponsors,but now you have the audacity to label us as "LOSERS".As historians then,I`m sure you can identify and verify all the battles that we lost in the field?...Aw,c`mon...NAME ONE! Just as I suspected.Kiss my ass...On second thought,don`t....you people are not worthy....
Bill Melvin
34th EBC

RVN 1967-68

Peace,Griz
Old 05-03-2002, 09:58 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default PS

That e-mail address is no good.Anyone got another?

Peace,Griz
Old 05-04-2002, 06:59 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Waitin' for an answer

I guess there "ain't" one. The phone number worked. But of course they are doing day hours only so I have to call them back Monday. I want to talk to someone. I have sent my share of e-mails off into the black hole of vet.com and never saw a response. I'm burned out with it. It won't matter to them what I say. But it will matter to me that I said it.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."