The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2008, 02:55 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I fully realize that politicians, like all of us, fall prey to human frailties and faults. What bothers me is their "holier than thou" attitudes. They preach, scream, and rail at us as if they know best and then, when things don't go as planned, they "spin it" and say things like "we're so happy for our underage daughter who didn't have the brains to use contraceptives or keep her legs closed". The hippocrisy is appalling.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:49 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Anti-Palin lie of the morning: She “slashed” teen pregnancy funding

By Michelle Malkin • September 3, 2008 01:57 AM
The Kossified MSM has completely lost its marbles.
The Washington Post rushes out with a story that GOP Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin “slashed” funding for teen moms.
Oh, the inhumanity!
Oh, the hypocrisy!
Oh, the conservative callousness!
One little problem, pointed out by non-deranged blogger Lonewacko:
“Covenant House’s IRS Form 990 (link) shows the funds that Paul Kane describes as “slashed” was over a threefold increase from the government funds they received from all sources in 2006 (FY2006 ending 12/31/06).”
Wait a minute. State funding for the teen pregnancy program increased? Well, that doesn’t fit the Christofascist hypocrite/Fertilla the Huntress narrative!
What to do? What to do?
What say you, WaPo ombudsman?
Contact info: ombudsman@washpost.com.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Friends,...

The obvious mainstream press/media Double Standard Travesty displayed towards both
Republican/Conservative MEN & WOMEN leaders aside,...believe that Gunner Carvo
said it best regarding daughter's pregnancy of The Corruption Fighting Governor Palin.

"Damn, that's one hot grandma".
You sure-as-hell got that right, GC.

Neil
Old 09-04-2008, 08:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Talking like a book there. revwardoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by revwardoc View Post
I fully realize that politicians, like all of us, fall prey to human frailties and faults. What bothers me is their "holier than thou" attitudes. They preach, scream, and rail at us as if they know best and then, when things don't go as planned, they "spin it" and say things like "we're so happy for our underage daughter who didn't have the brains to use contraceptives or keep her legs closed". The hipocrisy is appalling.

Palin is a REALLY intersting choice for VP. What it really is is a slap in the face to all those repuglican women who've ben doing it for years---like Liddy Dole, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Olympia Snowe,etc. MccAin picked about the least experienced repuglican woman he could find---whats up with thhat? And whats up with his vetting process? He only met the woman once, briefly, before he announced her. Evidenctly the MccAin campaign contacted no one in alaska about her, not even her fellow repuglicans

By now we know a whole lot more about Ms Palin--and its not whats coming our of her mouth.

The "Bridge to Nowhere" thing for instance: Palin claims she fought and stopped it. But she was for it before she was against it, AND the money that would have been used for that wound up in Akaska anyway. The earmark wsn't stopped, just redirected.
Alaska receives MORE federal money per capita than any other state and Palin has done as much as anyone, more in fact, to bring it there.

Palin also made several trips to Washington to lobby for money for her town Wasilla---how many other mayors of towns that size (9470) take trips to Washington to lobby for their towns? and she was succesfull, too.

Palin claims to be a "corruption fighter" but the only corruption she seems to have fought was inside the Alaskan repuglican party, primarily led by ted Stevens and Don Young, who are both mired in corruption scandals right now.

She ran the Wasilla MAyors office like it was her own. Here's from the Anchorage Times describing her run for governor:

From the Anchorage Times July 21, 2006:

While Sarah Palin tries to spin herself into a legitimate candidate for governor, the past becomes her mortal enemy...

She ran much of her failed 2002 campaign for lieutenant governor from her office as mayor of the tiny community of Wasilla. Records and interviews indicate she used city time, city telephones, city employees and city computers in the effort to one extent or another...

She actually listed the Wasilla City Hall fax telephone number, 373-9096, on her Alaska Public Offices Commission candidate registration form for "candidate information." She used her mayor's e-mail address, sarah@ci.wasilla.ak.us, for "campaign chairperson" on the same form...

Records show Palin called on city telephones, at all hours of the work day, supporters, contributors, media contacts, the guy who made her political campaign media buys and at least one company that does a lot of election work.

A search through surviving city computer records indicates campaign materials were ordered from City Hall and even were to be delivered there, "Attn: Mayor Palin." She had city employees on city- paid time arrange travel to benefit her campaign and perform other campaign tasks. Then, there are accounts of her doing everything from cobbling up campaign signs to drumming up campaign money from her office. The city's business in the last few months of the campaign, many observers say, seemed to be the very last thing on her mind. To top it off, there is no indication she repaid the city for the incidental expenses the city incurred...

So it looks like we've got a LOT to look at in Sarah Palin's past: all kinds of things like firing a librarian because she wouldn't ban books. BOOK BANNING!!! An old repuglican concept America would do well to reject.

Whats really notable about her daughters pregnancy is why the Repugs don't want to mention it. Suffice it to say that if it was Obama's daughter, it would red meat on EVERY talk radio program but that doesn't go far enough. Because the Democrats OWN this topic---we're the ones always trying to get more support for unwed teenage mothers, and the repugs are the ones who always fight it.Here's an other good example:

"...Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice-presidential nominee who revealed Monday that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, earlier this year used her line-item veto to slash funding for a state program benefiting teen mothers in need of a place to live.

After the legislature passed a spending bill in April, Palin went through the measure reducing and eliminating funds for programs she opposed. Inking her initials on the legislation -- "SP" -- Palin reduced funding for Covenant House Alaska by more than 20 percent, cutting funds from $5 million to $3.9 million. Covenant House is a mix of programs and shelters for troubled youths, including Passage House, which is a transitional home for teenage mothers....."

Does seem a little hypocritical in the light of recent reverlations, doesn't it? And if we needed even more evidence that teaching abstinenence doesn't work, we can just point to Bristol Palin. And whats up with the father of the child? in the old days there would have been a rushed marriage and a long honeymoon to cover it up---I guess this means the repugs are embracing the family values of the Lohan and Spears families.It says a lot about the repugs not practiciing what they preach but there's nothing new there.

The Democrats OWN this topic: If you want to support unwed mothers, you'll vote Democratic---if not, you'll vote repugnican----the choice is very simple on THAT topic anyway.

I was really expecting Romney or Giulanui as veep. The repugs got down on us for not picking Hilary, who drew more votes than Obama, for veep but THEY pick someone who wasn't even in the race----whats up with that? The notion that she'lll pick up Hilary suupporters is specious and lalaland dreaming---democratic women know what the issues arre--and who supports them.

the pick of Palin underlines the repugs serious dilemma--how to run against the Bush administration that they all voted for and how to pretend theyre not Bush III, at least in terms of policies. How to blame Congress for everything when they OWNED Congress for 6 out of the last 8 years.

You can fool the American people some times but you can't fool them for a long time. America is tired of the Bush disaster and McCain and Palin are only preaching more of the same.

So thanks for picking Palin, repugs, she'll be no help to you at all.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default exlrrp

Where I am, talking about her is like preaching to the choir.

Joy

Old 09-04-2008, 09:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default this is worth listening to

Old 09-04-2008, 10:19 AM

Angry This is scary...and offensive.

PALIN MISSIONS FROM GOD

12:00 AM CDT on Thursday, September 4, 2008
The Associated Press

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the U.S. sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God."

In an address last June, the Republican vice presidential candidate also urged ministry students to pray for a plan to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline in the state, calling it "God's will."

Ms. Palin asked the students to pray for the troops in Iraq and noted that her eldest son, Track, was expected to be deployed there.

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

A video of the speech was posted on Wasilla Assembly of God's Web site before finding its way on to other Web sites.

Ms. Palin told graduating students of the church's School of Ministry that as they preached the love of Jesus throughout Alaska, she'd work to implement God's will as governor, including creating jobs by building a pipeline to take North Slope natural gas to North American markets.

Makes me wonder what god she's talking about...Mars? Odin? Where's "blessed are the peacemakers?" Where's taking care of the poor? Oh, that's right..Jesus isn't 'merican.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James,...

...Now there you go, jumping on the bandwand wagon with the "she's so bad" mentality, instead of looking for qualities among the flaws,...

...I see one of this Nation's greatest milestones being achived ahead with "Sarah" (as she'll become known as) becoming the FIRST female/ woman, Vice President of The United States of America,...

... Going back to the 60's with civil right's, woman's right's, and the people's voice making a difference then, it has taken until now for the American public to find the ""right"" female/ woman to have the forsight to direct this Nation as it was intended down the line.

...And with the "Sarah", She comes across no bull, a mavrick of the future, yet a common person with a heads up attitude about what's right, Classey,...

...Again with slingshots, "they" will continue to take pot shots at her, but I believe she'll weather any storm thrown at her, her family isn't perfect, and neither is any of ours, so the mud starts to fly,...

...The Replublicans are not after Mrs. Clinton's votes, their after much more, their after setting a new goal for what this Nation, and the WORLD. It's about where we all have to go in order for our world to survive. We're sick, and tired of the BS little terriorists group, find them, snuff them, There is no choice other then to "Walk strong, carry the bightest rightious stick". It's about letting the world know that we are The United States of America,...

... Much more was said in her speach last night then qualities of canidates, It was a message to the world of the "big picture", and the fence sitters who saw the "glow of hope" emmited last night by those attending have no doubt's now that Sarah gonna be a great leader, and champion of the "families of America...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advisor View Post
PALIN MISSIONS FROM GOD

12:00 AM CDT on Thursday, September 4, 2008
The Associated Press

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the U.S. sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God."

Isaiah 42: 6 "I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take yold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness." Just like in World War II, I think the United States of America was called by God to free those captives that were under the tyrannical boot of Saddam Hussein.

In an address last June, the Republican vice presidential candidate also urged ministry students to pray for a plan to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline in the state, calling it "God's will."

Matthew 25: 20 The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.' [21] His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You hve been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.' If a state or nation has the natural resources, and those resources are used appropriately, I believe that it is "God's will" and perfectly appropriate for a subject of prayer.

Ms. Palin asked the students to pray for the troops in Iraq and noted that her eldest son, Track, was expected to be deployed there.

And you have a problem with this? i have had two sons in combat zones, and have prayed for them and for all our warriors, and continue to do so on a daily basis.

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

See Comment #1.

A video of the speech was posted on Wasilla Assembly of God's Web site before finding its way on to other Web sites.

Ms. Palin told graduating students of the church's School of Ministry that as they preached the love of Jesus throughout Alaska, she'd work to implement God's will as governor, including creating jobs by building a pipeline to take North Slope natural gas to North American markets.

Makes me wonder what god she's talking about...Mars? Odin? Where's "blessed are the peacemakers?" Where's taking care of the poor? Oh, that's right..Jesus isn't 'merican.
Those peacemakers are what we call Warriors. And I pray for their continued success of ridding our world of IslamoFacists terrorists. Can't you take care of the poor by helping provide cheaper natural gas, rather than the higher priced heating oil?

If you have a god, it is too small.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-04-2008, 11:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Let's Nip This One in the Bud

The latest faux scandal that is trying to be promoted by the left wing bloggers about Sarah Palin involve her actions while governor and dealing with a struggling creamery called Matanuska Creamery.

About a year ago, the creamery which had a long history of struggling financially, and since it received most of it's budget from either federal subsidies or state grants, Sarah decided enough was enough and sought to clean it up. She advocated taking it out of the control of the Creamery Board which was a part of the (BAC)Bureau of Agriculture and Conservation. The Creamery Board is a smaller board nestled inside the BAC. Gov Palin could not dismiss the creamery board by itself since that is a function of the BAC. The Creamery Board had a majority membership which consisted of executives from the Matanuska Diary, as it was known at the time. Sarah's solution was to dismiss the entire BAC and therefore the Creamery Board along with it. This dismissal was not done willy nilly, and in fact she began to immediately to replace them.

That dairy has now reopened under private ownership and appears to be headed to a bright future. If the left thinks that removing deadwood from the government, curtailing wasting of taxpayer dollars, and retaining a vital business is a scandal have at it.

To the rest of us it looks like further reinforcement of Alaskan Maverick.

To the lefties, who have never met a conspirarcy theory they didn't like have played their usual game of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, the game where everybody is connected to Kevin Bacon by no more then 6 degrees of separation. In this case they took the fact that the dairy is located in Wasilla, the city Sarah was mayor of, and her dismissal of the board and created this story. Got to give them credit they got good imaginations over in liberal land.

BTW the story that got my attention on this matter is here. Notice that since they link to an accompanying post over at the Daily Kos we know it only a matter of time before the MSM starts repeating it.

Now to wash the taste out of your mouth visit this Palin for VP site that was started in 2007. Nice pictures and they also talk about Sarah firing the BAC.
http://lighthouseontheright.blogspot...ne-in-bud.html
__________________________________________________ _______________________
Advisor,
Around here that's called preaching to the choir. How do you expect her to talk at the "School of Ministry"?