The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Enemies Among Us - AKA - Still At War With Ourselves!

11-10-2019

In the event that you haven’t realized it as yet: “No country ever conceived has survived forever (Frightening Thought, now Isn’t It?)?”

As a matter of fact, I am really surprised that humanity has lasted for as long as it has, considering all of the wars that we have fought, the diseases that have ravished our populations, and of course, the fact that we truly reside within a genuine “Cosmic Shooting Gallery?” But then and as the old sage once said: “Nothing Is Forever?”

“So I guess that you might even say that if we are genuinely seeking species-destroying enemies, the very first place that we should be looking is no further than right here within our own midst!” For after all is said and done, those who continuously play around with fire will eventually get burned - big-time and so it is and so it has always been!!

Finally and in the event that you find my scribbling to be a little dark or morbid at times, then let me remind you that I did not create, nor did I perpetuate, this whole stinking mess! It is, however, for you alone to evaluate those things that could eventually lead to far bigger problems on down the road?

“And just when will I put an end to all of this you ask, or far more accurately, just when (if ever) could this whole stinking mess put an ending to us all? (more personal opinions)

Hardcore
Old 11-10-2019, 01:02 PM

Arrow 20 Powerful Quotes From Frederick Douglass

20 Powerful Quotes From Frederick Douglass
BY: JENNIFER M WOOD MF Smart Shopping - 2-14-18
RE: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...erick-douglass

In his 1845 memoir, A Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave, the famed abolitionist wrote that, “I have no accurate knowledge of my age, never having seen any authentic record containing it.” Later in life, Douglass—who was born into slavery in Maryland—chose February 14 as his official birthdate, with some historians speculating that he was born in 1818.

1. ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PROGRESS AND STRUGGLE
“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.”

2. ON THE UNIVERSALITY OF SORROW
“A smile or a tear has not nationality; joy and sorrow speak alike to all nations, and they, above all the confusion of tongues, proclaim the brotherhood of man.”

3. ON THE VALUE OF EDUCATION
“Some know the value of education by having it. I know its value by not having it."

4. ON THE DENIAL OF JUSTICE
“The American people have this to learn: that where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob, and degrade them, neither person nor property is safe.”

5. ON MEASURING INJUSTICE
“Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.”

6. ON EMPOWERING YOUTH
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”

7. ON MORAL GROWTH
“A battle lost or won is easily described, understood, and appreciated, but the moral growth of a great nation requires reflection, as well as observation, to appreciate it.”

8. ON THE SECURITY OF A NATION
“The life of a nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.”

9. ON THE NEED FOR POWER
“It is not light that we need, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake.”

10. ON FREE SPEECH
“To suppress free speech is a double wrong. It violates the rights of the hearer as well as those of the speaker.”

11. ON REBELLION
“The thing worse than rebellion is the thing that causes rebellion.”

12. ON THE CONSEQUENCE OF SLAVERY
“No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck.”

13. ON RIGHT VERSUS WRONG
“I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong.”

14. ON WORKING FOR WHAT YOU GET
“People might not get all they work for in this world, but they must certainly work for all they get.”

15. ON THE POWER OF KNOWLEDGE
“Knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave.”

16. ON THE NECESSITY OF IRONY
“At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.”

17. ON REMAINING TRUE TO ONESELF
“I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.”

18. ON THE IMPENETRABILITY OF ONE’S SOUL
“The soul that is within me no man can degrade.”

19. ON THE COLOR OF ONE’S CHARACTER
“A man's character always takes its hue, more or less, from the form and color of things about him.”

20. ON USING THE PAST TO MAKE A BETTER FUTURE
“We have to do with the past only as we can make it useful to the present and the future.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note:

Much that has been written by Mr. Douglas (a man of color) who was also self-educated - and became conscience of the world around him. His words reflect a common man of whom we are all at one time or another. His wisdom over the years reflects the world around him at that time. Yet it also reflects the world we know today. As society we have tendency to be cruel and heartless at times. We also can be over-bearing and suffer on self-interest.

The "struggle" is what makes us all. Putting the piece's of life together day by day. The result allows many of us to reach old age and to be well learned. The world is still the only one we have.

Together we rise and apart we fall. It's a shame but even to today we find dislike in men of color or their ideology and/or religious beliefs. I guess that these faults are inherent in us all and I guess is what makes us human. We also tend to have ingrained habits as we grow up in life. We know the difference of Good and Bad. We know about religion and how it differ's to some degree between countries & races. We also know how to destroy things time and time again. We can also become corrupted by other's over our lifetimes. We suffer illness - wars - and the loss of family members and friends. Our overall conception of life is no different for all of us.

Some people are born with a silver spoon (money) - while other's struggle to eat and shelter themselves and their loved ones.

We have different religious beliefs. Some folks are more educated more than others. This type of scenario goes on in all generations around the world. We've yet been able to normalize the issues of old.

1. Condemnation of other's is frequent and concerning.
2. You can not judge a man by his cloths. These two issues are our biggest problems. The entire world suffers these two points more than anything.
3. One's Religion seems to partake in many issues of the day - one's beliefs may trigger a response from another with different beliefs.

We war among'st ourselves and other's. One's financial attributes may be greater than other's - thereby they get classified - as well to do - while other's who have little to nothing and are called poor or disenfranchised.

My best I can offer is to get as much education as you can (in school) (not in the streets).
My Grandson just call me and said the Recruiters showed up in high school today. So he called me and asked my about the military. I said Gabe the first thing you want to do is get decent grades and finish high school. If you're not going to go college then maybe its something to consider for 4 to 6 years - after which you may find you want out - or you may want to make a career out of it.

Least to say my daughter (his Mom) isn't too please with Gabe's considerations (no Mother is - nor was my Mom when both my Brother Larry & I enlisted and went to Vietnam.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote