The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2005, 02:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy Navy Reports Two More Gun Mishaps Aboard Ships

Navy Reports Two More Gun Mishaps Aboard Ships
Virginian-Pilot - Free Registration Required (NORFOLK JUN. 24)

Three sailors were injured by shrapnel during machine gun training aboard a landing craft off Virginia Beach and a fourth was shot in the leg in an incident aboard the carrier Enterprise, undergoing overhaul in Newport News, the Navy said Thursday. Both incidents occurred Wednesday and none of the injuries was life threatening, according to the Navy.

They are the latest in a string of apparently accidental discharges of weapons during a time when the Navy has increased security aboard its ships following terrorist attacks. As a result of these latest cases the Navy has called for a safety stand down to sort out its problem. Wednesday's events follow a June 6 incident when a .50 caliber machine gun discharged aboard the destroyer Ross as it was leaving a shipyard in Norfolk. The round penetrated a Navy barracks barge nearby. No one was injured, and an investigation was ordered.

GM2 Pete
EOD Det Fallon
Asst. Ammo Manager

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2005, 02:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Squids shouldn't have guns unless they are 16"!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 06-24-2005, 03:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The Ross has a 5" gun and missles.