The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2003, 03:37 PM

Default Cant Believe It

NoOne on here has brought up the subject of the Cubs Fan that "supposedly" ruined the game.

This guy was there to catch a ball and keep as a sourvenior.

The Cubs Screwed theirselves by allowing 8 runs in one inning with a three to nothing lead.

If the Baseball Commissionors would get together and move the seats back about 2 or 3 ftt and put a small wire fence in front of it, the ball < if hit for a homerun, would still clear the wall and the spectator couldnt get it, unless hit over the smaller wall..

enough.........
Old 10-15-2003, 04:20 PM

Yea I know! I'm a White Sox fan but have to admit I got caught up in the Chicago team making an effort.

The Fan made a mistake but you don't kill'em. He didnt' cause them to loose the game - maybe one out!

What hurt was the next batter who hit the ball to the short stop who normal doesn't make an error - and he - not the fan - could've turned a double play onlying allowing 1 run to score and that could've turned the tide into a win.

OH WELL - maybe tonight they can put it all together. I don't think Woods is the best pitcher but he should stop them for awhle - I only hope Dusty pulls him out before he gets too tired.

7 games back to back and another 7 games coming up makes for some tired arms and all hell can come apart in a very short period of time.

I really don't care who wins - baseball is baseball - but a little in me says I'd like to see the Cubs at least make it there rather than get so close and fall apart.

They weren't suppose to get this far for two more years but maybe they will learn something from the experience and that's what it really takes.

My input doesn't 'mean a thing!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 04:37 PM

Default Boats

You're right about Dusty knowing when to pull Woods. As a long-time SF Giants fan, I remember all too well what happened to the Giants in the World Series last year. Dusty has a tendency to leave his pitchers in a game just a little bit too long. He did it last year in the Series and he did it last night with Prior.

The fan in the stands had nothing to do with the Cubs giving up 8 runs in the 8th inning. What Prior needed to do was forget that it even happened and throw strike 3. Instead he was dwelling on what might have happened and he left the pitch out over the plate. That pitch had "Hit Me" written all over it. After that he just lost it. Dusty should have pulled him right then.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:40 AM

billr,

Yep they did it - they lost!!

Go Cubs

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 07:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I?m not a very good baseball fan but did see the news item about the fan-guy trying to catch the ball. It would appear that he is going to be blamed for everything since the European black plague. Just out of curiosity I watched a bit of the next Cubs-Marlin game and it looked to me as if the Cubs had a pitcher who has lost it, his mo-jo wasn?t working and it was just yum, yum for the Marlins. I guess I should be a baseball fan as my niece is soon to marry up a Montreal player and my nephew did most of the hitting for the HBO movie ?61?. He was on a AAA team for a while but didn?t make the ?big show? and now is a baseball coach for a JC team.

Scamp