The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2006, 03:18 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default The PC Police strike again!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/10/air...rss_topstories

SEATAC, Washington (AP) -- All nine Christmas trees have been removed from the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport instead of adding a giant Jewish menorah to the holiday display as a rabbi had requested.

Maintenance workers boxed up the trees during the graveyard shift early Saturday, when airport bosses believed few people would notice.

"We decided to take the trees down because we didn't want to be exclusive," said airport spokeswoman Terri-Ann Betancourt. "We're trying to be thoughtful and respectful, and will review policies after the first of the year."

Rabbi Elazar Bogomilsky, who made his request weeks ago, said he was appalled by the decision. He had hired a lawyer and threatened to sue if the Port of Seattle didn't add the menorah next to the trees, which had been festooned with red ribbons and bows.

"Everyone should have their spirit of the holiday. For many people the trees are the spirit of the holidays, and adding a menorah adds light to the season," said Bogomilsky, who works in Seattle at the regional headquarters for Chabad Lubavitch, a Jewish education foundation.

After consulting with lawyers, port staff believed that adding the menorah would have required adding symbols for other religions and cultures in the Northwest. The holidays are the busiest season at the airport, Betancourt said, and staff didn't have time to play cultural anthropologists.

Hanukkah begins this Friday at sundown.

"They've darkened the hall instead of turning the lights up," said Bogomilsky's lawyer, Harvey Grad. "There is a concern here that the Jewish community will be portrayed as the Grinch."
Old 12-11-2006, 04:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

... and Grinches they are!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Question What Kind of Man of the Clothe?

It is sad that a man of the clothe would threaten a law suit I fully understand the decision of the Port of Seattle. So sad, so very sad.

Keith
Old 12-11-2006, 05:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What I find even more ridiculous, Keith, is that the airport kowtowed to one "rabbi". I think I'll just walk around town and find something I consider "offensive" and see if the "offending" party will cave to my demand. Yeah, right. I would have laughed in his face. I still keep looking at the Constitution trying to find the "I have a right not to be offended by anything" clause the founding fathers put in. Could use some help, can't find one.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-11-2006, 09:18 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default You Can't Steal My Christmas!

YOU CAN'T STEAL
MY
CHRISTMAS

Poem by Sharon Steege

I don't know who they are
Saying I can't greet the crowd
The way that I want to
Can't say
CHRISTMAS out loud.

I walk into a business place
See things that I rather not see
But dare I not say
CHRISTMAS
And ask for a "holiday" tree.

What happened to freedom of speech
And living in the land of the free
How can they take my
CHRISTMAS money
But can't say
MERRY CHRISTMAS to me.

Men and women have given their lives
So we could still go free
I wonder how they would feel
At saying
" HOLIDAY" TREE.

Come on
AMERICA let's wake up
Don't let our freedom escape
If they get by with doing this
What else will they take.

This is starting to get out of hand,
And I've begun to keep track
Well I've just about had enough
I'M TAKING CHRISTMAS BACK.

So
MERRY CHRISTMAS AMERICA
I hope this gets all over the net
If we all stand united and take freedom back
'Twill be our best
CHRISTMAS YET!

Old 12-11-2006, 02:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

I for one am sick of being pushed around by the PC police. december 25th is Christmas. Not X-mas, not the holidays. and I sure don't like the term seasons greetings. I don't celibrate rama-lama ding dong or any other Musliem holy days. I don't celibrete rush hana or any other Jewish holy days. My two Holy days are Christmas and Easter. And I don't give a damn if I offend anyone with a tree and manger display. If the rag heads and beanie wearers are offended Go back to your country.. America was founded on christian believes. not Muslim not buddest and certianly not jewish. But because our fore fathers believed in freedom of religion they did'nt stop other religions from being practiced in this country. Now the other religions are trying to make christianity a bad thing and the Fools with the ACLU are doing so with law suits. nuff said I personally believe Christmas is a Holy day not a Holiday.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Friends...

Believe Pack has pretty-much the right & wise take on the stupidity of it all (even though Airborne ). So, don't just blame such nonsense on just some Stupidly Arrogant or Supremacist Rabbi.

Much of the blame should go to quite timidly cowering and stupid Seattle-Tacoma International, since "Exclusive" reason given for removing the Christmas Trees was actually the very same reason why The Menorah should've been denied, INSTEAD. Any court in the land would have denied that solely a Jewish Symbol be allowed displayed around non-denominational Christmas Trees in public places, during The Holiday Season.

Besides, Christmas Trees are basically used worldwide by most everyone,...and even used during Holiday Season by many atheists.

Also, and if the word: "Christ" offends anyone (Though I'll never understand why?), just call the-damn-evergreen a: "XMAS TREE".
Bet-chu The Man and/or Jesus Christ Himself wouldn't even be offended by such. What do you think, Keith?

Neil
Old 12-11-2006, 03:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Alas, tiz the season to be jolly and file lawsuits in a pear tree.

Maybe the Seattle Airport bunch did the right thing by just saying ?enough is enough? and stripping the halls, etc. I?m sure they have better things to do than be the appointed cultural punch bag and deep pocket for every nutcase with an attitude n? boo-boo lip. But on the other hand, they can expect a lawsuit for removing the decos and probably the same peevish person will instigate the new lawsuit. As I recall, the Grinch is fairly peevish as well.
So sometimes the right thing is the exact wrong thing and there are no winners, just stacks of lawsuits in the Christmas mail.

But the Christmas news is that my 16-month-old grand daughter completely rejected Santa and screeched like a banshee when the photo with Santa was to be taken. Oh well, maybe next year if Santa isn?t banned or all pre-occupied with copious amounts of litigation.

Scamp
Old 12-11-2006, 05:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Does this mean that they won't celebrate Festivus either?

The Rabbi is a idiot and the ACLU sucks.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 12-11-2006, 06:10 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Just saw the Rabbi on Fox with Bill, looks like Main Stream Media has done it again by running with a story that isn't even close to what really happened with the exception of Sea-Tac putting Christmas back in the box. The Rabbi in question stated he certainly was not offended byChristmas, he requested one menorah to be placed in the airport to add to the seasonal message of hope, he also asked that Sea-Tac reverse itself and take Christmas out of the box and put itback on display in the airport. The Rabbi was not heard from on Saturday because that is his Sabbath.Now we've got Christians mad at Jews when in fact the Lord Jesus Christ is a direct descendant of the House of David, although he was rejected by the religious establishment of the Jewish Nation, the twelve that first followed him were all Jews that recognized Him as the Messiah.Wenever know this Rabbi mayone daydo the same. Imagine that?A Rabbi with a menorah andChristmastree in his house. Although I'm sure you'll have to go to Bill on Fox to catch that act.

Peace out......

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."