The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Vance has a brain tumor

Vance is one of the Mountain boys in Ellijay and a frequent visitor on Psyco mountain. Last week he was starting to be delusional but that was not totally uncommon. This time it was for real and serious. Vance has a brain tumor about the size of a tennis ball in his right frontal lobe. He is in Kennestone hospital now and is scheduled for sugery tomorrow morning. This is not going to come out well no matter what. Doctors say at the very best he will probably loose his vision and speech and will be in speech therapy for some time. Several of the mountain boys visited him yesterday and he did not recognize a couple of them who have been his lifelong friends. My understanding is the tumor is cancerous but that information is 3rd hand twice removed.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2008, 07:16 AM

PHO127 - sorry to hear this about your friend. It's amazing they didn't find something sooner. Let's hope for the best.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Unhappy I was hoping getting older would be easier

I was in shock when you told me Monday he had a tumor , now even worse news. We have seen a lot of brothers pass on these last few years. We are back on the front lines , ain't no one in front of us , only this time in the war of aging. Prayers out for Vance
Old 01-30-2008, 10:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bad News....

Let Vance know we are thinkin' of him.

An old high school buddy of mine just went through this same thing. He had a softball size tumor in his head. It was removed and he is doing fine. Took a few operations because the dam thing had like tennacles all through his head. If he can get through this....Vance can get through also!

I just had an MRI done on my head. Doctors thought I might.....repeat might, have had a mini-stroke back during Psycho Vets Veterans Day celebration. Since I can only remember Friday night....hell, I wouldn't know. I don't think so but had it done anyway. Now I can prove to Deb that I don't have rocks in my head.......maybe.

Vance....GET WELL SOON!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-30-2008, 11:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sid

Please tell Vance and his family that he his in our thoughts and prayers.

PS-------Packo,............I had an MRI done a while back on my noggin also, Doc said all he could find was nothing but a bunch of cobwebs! Jackie told him that was more than she thought he'd find. Damn Wimmen folks, cain't live with them, cain't live without them!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sid
Tell Vance we're all thinkin' of him and we'll see him in April.

Pack
I musta' had the same stroke you had....I cant remember shit from last veterans day.

Gimpy
Gotta agree with your darlin' wife on that one......She must be a northerner

God bless the ACLU
Old 01-30-2008, 12:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink Bob , Tom

I had a couple of strokes myself in front of the fireplace Sat. night BUT I do remember you two stealing my Crown. Just make sure your truck insurance is paid up in April when you return. Opa the revenger
Old 01-30-2008, 12:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3196 View Post
Sid
Gimpy
Gotta agree with your darlin' wife on that one......She must be a northerner
Mah Deah bOOgerLeeFella,

You'uns had shore better not EVER say that to her face--------or y'all will have much worse physical 'ailments' ta worry a-bout than a 'stroke'! Mah "Southern Belle" don't take lightly ta be called anythang CLOSE ta bein a "Northerner"! She's been knoed ta WHOMP fellers up side thays' heads fer less than that!

Y'all be keeful now, ya heanh!

Yo frand,

The Honorable General "Stonewal" Horatio Gimpinski, III.........True Defender of Southern "BelleHood"!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

My good buddy John, who I respect and honor
I was just a PFC in a room full of Generals doing what I was told......I still cant believe you sucked down that Capt. Morgan spiced rum thinking it was Crown. You gotta be one..................of my most favorite Lt's in the whole wide world.

Gimpy
I cant afford to get my ass whooped again......Tell the misses I humbly apologize for my assumption that she was from the north. I didn't think a southern gal had the gumption to insult her mate.....I was wrong and you deserved it.

God bless the ACLU
Old 01-30-2008, 02:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

please tell vance his family and him are in our thoughts and prayers...

Tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten