Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2019, 06:12 AM

Thumbs up Prince Harry Retraced Mom Diana's Steps Walking Through a Mine Field

Prince Harry Retraced Mom Diana's Steps Walking Through a Mine Field
By: Katherine J Igoe - Marie Daire - 9-27-19
RE: https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...na-mine-field/

Photo link: https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...h&resize=768:*

- Early this morning in Angola, Prince Harry walked through a cleared mine field, much like Princess Diana did in 1997.

- Prince Harry spoke about eco-tourism, and how it could take the place of their existing oil and gas industries.

- When the royals released their itinerary for this current Southern Africa tour, Harry said he was "especially proud" to follow in his mother's footsteps (quite literally).

Early this morning, Prince Harry visited a mine field in Dirico, Angola, and the work of charity Halo Trust to clear the area. His walk through landmine-cleared area echoed his mother, Princess Diana, as she made a similar walk when she visited a mine field in Angola (that field has since been turned into a bustling street, so it's not the exact same area). Diana made headlines at the time, and her work was critical for establishing a worldwide ban on the explosive devices. Angola is working to be landmine-free by 2025.

During his speech, Harry had a new message for the gathered crowd, speaking to one of the most important causes he's highlighted so far on the tour—climate change. He said, "By clearing the landmines we can help this community find peace and with peace comes opportunity. Eco tourism will bring more jobs to Angola in the future than its oil and gas industries." This feel so, so important to me, and an important update to the work his mother did.

According to the Sussex Royal Instagram account, "The Duke is humbled to be visiting a place and a community that was so special to his mother, and to recognise her tireless mission as an advocate for all those she felt needed her voice the most, even if the issue was not universally popular."

The account also used Diana's original quote in 1997: "If an international ban on mines can be secured it means, looking far ahead, that the world may be a safer place for this generation's grandchildren."

They also shared shots of the event:

Note: There are several more photo's on site if you wish to view more.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links