Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 09:48 AM

Default Philly??

You said in your previous post:

"If I were young soldier in the Military now, I would refuse to room with a Gay female soldier. Why would I want to share a room with a Gay female when they think like a man? "

Now wait just one cotton-pickin' second.

1. I am a lesbian.
2. I served my country proudly in the US Marine Corps.
3. I NEVER (nor will I ever) made ANY advances towards "straight" women.
4. I am VERY PROUD to be a WOMAN and I DO NOT "think like a man".

I think your ignorance is showing.

sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2003, 11:54 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Keith,

I'm proud of your courage as a pastor to take your stand on this issue. It's not easy and it's not popular. I know you are a kind man and would do anything for anyone in needwithout exception or prejudice. You are alsomandated to tell the truth of scripture and you have not backed down from that appointment.I'm standingright next to you with nothing but admiration for your courage to say the unpopular thing in this politically correct culture.

For anyone that thinks otherwise I want to tell you this man has a foster daughter that he loved as his own murdered some years ago when she stopped to help a couple of men broke down on the side of the road. He struggled with his anger toward them but through the grace of God was able to go and minister to them in prison, release his anger and forgive them.

This my friends is what a true Christian is. The examples of Christianity that Gunner mentionshave nothing at all to do with New Testament Christianity and everything to do with a Political Movement driven by a false religion under the guise of Christianity. I'm truly sorry that more folks do not take the time to know the difference.

And yes Jesus does have many things to say in regard to the practice of homosexual behavior. He also has many things to say abouthetrosexual practices.Those words are not for our undoing but to keep us emotionally and physically healthy.

There is absolutely no justification for harm done against any one that practices unsafe sex be it hetrosexual or homosexual. We will come in harms way soon enough if we choose to practice lifestyles thatare full of risk for sexually transmitted disease and death.

I too have spent my time in the bay area and I can tell you that what isknown as the"Gay" lifestyle is not so "Gay" after all esp for those that have lost so many friends toAIDS.Those I knew personally werekind and sweet people.They were better to me and my children than some members of myown family.They died hard deathsbefore their time.Talented,kind and compassionate souls that would give you the shirt off their backnow gone from this planet because of a deadly life style they wereaddicted to.

If this dicussion is to continue let's try to state our views in a civil manner and without hostility.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif
Old 11-30-2003, 01:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Amen Arrow...

It IS just that tiny percent, of ANY group, who will make stuff miserable for everyone else, take advantage, give decency a bad name whenever possible, take liberties, use force where none is called for nor asked...

Being the recipient of a homosexual assault is not fun... imagining HOW on earth the military is gonna deal with gay marriage (civil union rights and privileges etc.) when/if it does come to pass is practically impossible.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-01-2003, 02:35 AM

Frankly, I don't care if you're a lesbian! Don't expect me or any other straight female soldier to feel comfortable living with a lesbian.

Just to let you know, I did not make a statement based on no experience of my own. I have been hit on by lesbians. Some were aggressive in nature while others were not. Some knew how to take rejection, while others did not.

Since lesbians are attracted to women, not just Gay women, don't you think I have every right to feel uncomfortable with living with one??? According to your post, I do not.

I made a general statement that lesbians think like men. I shouldn't have made such a broad statement. That I see now. Some lesbians I have known stated they have never been attracted to a men. What is a straight person to think? Since lesbians are attracted to women, then there's a fair amount of uncomfortable feelings a straight woman would have rooming with a lesbian. As far as ignorance, when you attack someone for their beliefs, you show your ignorance.

I don't choose to continue this discussion with you.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-01-2003, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Bob and I went to D-3-1, Ft. Benning for basic on the same day. Finished together and went on to Ft. Puke together. Finished together and went on to Ft. Ritchie, Maryland, H&S Co. Bob was a beutician before he enlisted but it didn't mean nuthin and he was a good troop. Joanne and I got married the first time at Ft. Ritchie and Bob was my best man. After about a year I got ordered to STRATCOM CONUS in Suitland, Md. and Bob stayed at Ft. Ritchie. Worked as a classified mail courier at CONUS and did a 21 day TDY in Korea while there but most of it was uneventful. Bob and I still kept in touch because I had to go up to Ritchie several times to take papers up there. One day I got some papers, orders that had to be brought up to Ritchie and low and behold, Bob's name was on them. He was going to AnKhe with the First Cav. on August 24, '67. I hated bring those orders up there but when I returned the next day I was handed orders. Turns out that my orders read that I was to go to the 1st APU in QuiNhon on August 24, '67. Bob and I flew into TonSanNhut on the same plane. Bo and I saw each other often up until when I was transfered to the guard detachment because I had to bring documents to AnKhe. Bob got out a little early because he DEROS'd within 90 days of his ETS. I didn't learn how to walk well enough by my DEROS so I had to stay until my ETS.
When Bob got back to the World he bought a beuty shop in Akron, Ohio. He probably was "gay" but the subject never came up and it just didn't mean nuthin and I didn't give a damn. I know Bob would be there for any Troop and they could depend on him to do whatever it took.
Seems to me that being a soldier and being a husband are two different things and you can be good at both.
BTW; I was an E-3 when I first got married. Post housing wasn't offered unless you were an E-4 NCO and even then you had to pay rent. I had to rent some off base housing when Jo and I got married.
The Bible tells me that I should take a Wife not a man. The state issued our a marriage licience but didn't have a damn thing to say to us when we were going steady. If someone wants to go steady with someone of their own sex then the state doesn't have a damn thing to say about it. It's only when they come for that licience that they can say anything and refuse that licience.
Gay? I just don't care.
Use my tax dollars to flaunt your gayness? No way!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 11:02 AM

Default Philly...

Gay marriage, or the legal equivalent, is coming soon. You'd better get used to dealing with it.

Whether or not you feel "comfortable" around me or not, based on my sexual orientation is not my concern. I'm not hitting on you. Quite frankly, I think you flatter yourself.

I am quite comfortable with my orientation and I believe that, if there is any "problem", it is yours. It is not my job to make you "comfortable". I'd be willing to bet that you have been/are now among lesbian friends and associates, but just don't know it. As a matter of fact, I feel an uncanny urge to join the gay lobby!!! Thanks for your motivational support!!!

sendpm.gif
Old 12-01-2003, 09:19 PM

Seems to me you are a hateful type person who wants nothing more to insult people who are not like you or think like you. Your true colors show right through.

If you plan to further insult me, I'll allow the moderator to respond to your messages.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-02-2003, 04:59 PM

Default Dear Philly.....

No one is "insulting" you. I think you are a bit "overly sensitive" to the situation. I didn't realize that there were so many "lesbian rapists" on the loose chasing fine, upstanding heterosexual women like yourself.

If the moderators believe me to be out of line with my responses, I would be more than happy to talk to them, at your request or at anyone else's. I've been posting here for a couple of years now and I've always felt free to express my feelings about many topics. I still feel free to do this. I am not attacking you, but I do feel like I am appropriate in responding to your posts which have criticized my orientation and and insinuated that I, or people of similar orientation, have perpetrated some sort of "crime" against you. As a matter of fact, it is your attitude that is the fertile field of hate and violence and causes things like gay bashings to occur. I've yet to see, read or hear about any cases of a group of homosexuals/lesbians beating a poor heterosexual to death (ie., the case of Matthew Sheppard). This is how I have interpreted your posts, and now I am responding.

I am in no way "hateful", believe me!! In the South, we have a saying. It's called "Hit dog hollers first".

Peace.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-02-2003, 08:06 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Theo,

All of us have stated our feelings in an open and forthright way. Some have agreed with you and some have not. That does not mean those that disagree should be accused of fermenting hate and violence against homosexuals.

You have gone from the general disagreement with a lifestyle toa specific horrendous murder of a young man that became a target for those that have no tolerance at all for the homosexual community. I nor anyone that has disagreed with you on this threadcondones violence against homosexuals and not one statement that has been made gives any indication of that sentiment.

Because the discussion has takena negativepersonal tone and strayed from the intent of the original poster I believe nothing can be gained by keeping it open.

Arrow>>>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread