The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Iraqi Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2004, 10:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortdawg
Angry Count Me In Too

Just give me my 60 and 203 and a sh*tload of ammo!

We need to finish this sh*t once and for all!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2004, 10:44 AM

It's an election year and the heats on and the idea of doing whats right isn't sitting well with the politicians. I recall Johnson was caught up in the same thing except the folks at home were tearing up the neighborhoods and marching while were over in VN doing our thing.

I think if a war was to start it should be right after the new guy gets in office and be over with before re-election. But you know they start running for office now two years before the elections.

It's a political game they play with people's lives. I don't care for this guy Kerry either there is something about him that makes me a little leary.

We need to have another ballot on the ticket 1. Democrat, 2. Republican - and 3. Non of the above.

I'm tired of voting for dead horses and looser's in a system that doesn't function in behalf of the majority of peoples for which they were given the right to go into office in the first place.

Too much BS

Many of us have good intentions but they get washed out by the bureaucracy and by the system that waters it down making it futile to get your point across.

What was it I heard on a movie once (Son, I'm a politician and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their candy), well that line should be on every politicians business card.

Frustration is the name of the game and it cost us dearly when the system fights amongst themselves for control and power.
Absolute power - corrupts absolutely - another good line I've always liked.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:46 AM

I dont have kids old enough to go to war YET. But I remember how my dad was when I was fighting in the first Gulf War, he never went bed and was constantly worried about the outcome.
I suppose what Im trying to say is God bless all the Allied troops out there and to all you parents, be Strong and Proud.

Up the Allies

Keep your heads down and your powder dry!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:37 AM

You hit the nail right on the head MilitaryImages - that's what being a parent is all about and will always be. My folks were not too pleased that I volunteered for VN - but I had to do it - all my Bud's were going in and some had gone before me - some were already coming home in less than perfect shape (or worse).

The war was long and covered many years (I think 12) I went in 63 and got out in 75. It lasted almost my entire military term. I honor those who serve and I salute those who gave the ultimate price - but war is war and really no one really wins. There are winners and looser's on both sides and it takes years to heal from such an ordeal. Some never heal!

Where I grew up the Country, Flag and Family were all important and meant so much to our Father's and their's before them. If you don't stand up for what you believe in then no one else can be blamed but yourself later in life. You have to do what's right for you at all times in order to feel good about yourself.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 05-26-2004, 07:08 AM

Quote:
If you don't stand up for what you believe in then no one else can be blamed but yourself later in life
Im right with you on that buddy.

Wow Vietnam all your military career....phew thats some career my friend
Old 06-26-2004, 01:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to coachman
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default re: here we go again

I am new in here and I would like to thank you for letting me in, as to the subject above. I served in Nam and I really don't want to see this conflict or war if you want to call it that go down the same road. We have the best troops in the world and the best equipment and here we go again fighting like we had to 30+ years ago. We must adapt and get this on the road and fight to win not fight to lose. Just my opinon

-Juvenal
C.50-C.130

“Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government
that requires every citizen to prove
they are insured……but not everyone
must prove they are a citizen.”
Old 07-01-2004, 04:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to coachman
Distinctions
Contributor 

I say it's time to get this shit on and wipe their a$$'s out put them down hard I have not killed in over 30 years but I can still hit what I aim at.

-Juvenal
C.50-C.130

“Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government
that requires every citizen to prove
they are insured……but not everyone
must prove they are a citizen.”

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Coachman...many of us here and many still serving feel exactly like you do, but unfortunately it has become a political thing with world powers and votes connected. Am afraid we will loose many of our young fighting men before they pull the plug.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 07-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Robert J Ryan

PHO127 too many politicans have their hands in the war. They should let the military run the war. Between 1941-1945 our military was aloud to run the war, and by God we are still a fee nation as a result of that. POLITICANS if you send us to war
d a m n it let the military run it, HANDS OFF!