Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default And they are the best this generation has to offer

Author And they are the best this generation has to offer
arrow

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 06-03-2002 at 17:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Griz sent this to me this morning. Follow the link and click on each name. You will find the stories and pictures of those we have lost as of this date. Now forever young...

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,37069,00.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile Qoute
sfc_darrel

Registered to :Jan 19, 2002
Posted 06-03-2002 at 21:39
Thank you, Arrow. I hope they keep it updated.
We who love those ready, willing and able to fight for our freedom will always remember.
Joy
-----------------
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. Robert Heinlein

Profile Qoute
sn-e3

Registered to :Aug 26, 2001
Posted 06-03-2002 at 22:51
I just finished reading the storys of these brave men who gave their all for our country all i can say is make the ragheaded bastards pay and pay they will
-----------------
If your not living on the edge, Your taking up to much space

Profile Email Qoute
sn-e3

Posted 07-03-2002 at 00:58
I was just thinking if this hurts me to read about the new generation of service men and women being killed in the line of duty and the papers writting storys about each one. what was it like back in the sixtys and early seventys when our guys were comming home by the plane full in plastic bags. how come no one felt the pain and angrish we do now is life more preshious now am i wrong to feel this way if i'am i'am sorry but now each body bag has heros in them not just boys that were unlucky and gave their all i still believe that if you served no matter where your still a hero one and all
-----------------

Profile Email Qoute
arrow

Posted 07-03-2002 at 01:08
The tears that are gonna fall over these precious lives can not be numbered.

Profile Qoute
catena

Registered to :Feb 06, 2002
Posted 07-03-2002 at 02:09
oaky.. i went to the site started reading each one.. i didn't get half way throw them and i was balling like a baby.. had cold chills and couldn't finish them today..
my heart goes out to everyone..
love ya all
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina Catena

Profile Qoute
arrow

Posted 07-03-2002 at 02:58
Chris during those times taps were played, flags were folded and handed to loved ones, tears were shed, coffins were lowered into the ground, Mothers sat in places such as Walter Reed Hospital and tried to call their boys back from some dark place their minds had taken them to.

For those that came back only to die we took them home when there was nothing else to be done, we learned how to inject them with morphine, we changed their sweat soaked sheets, we bathed them, we fed them, we held them to our hearts and prayed over them.

While the crowd in the street pushed and shoved and got louder with their protest our heros quietly slipped away from us and our tears fell silently to the ground.

May such a thing never happen again in the history of this country...sis

Profile Qoute
arrow

Posted 07-03-2002 at 03:01
Tina I hear you little sister and you are not alone in your tears. We love you too. sis

Profile Qoute
SEATJERKER

Registered to :Aug 23, 2001
Posted 07-03-2002 at 11:50
...There has never been a sound so mournful as the sound of "TAPS" , I sit here, and that four letter word kicks in...PTSD..
...I choose to try to subdue the anguish of feelings of emptiness, and anger as i am unable to participate as I want to...
... I would give up everything i have now just for the chance to go, and die for my country's freedoms...
...I never expected to live this long, and never had the foresight to plan ahead, so fu*k them rag headed camel fleas..
...I guess for what I went through way back when in family life that my attitude was get away, and do something to make a difference for the future, but that was taken away from me, I would die without remorse just to take one or ten with me as I went, and would go today feeling the same way...
...Life is cheap, and my life doesn't matter in the big picture of things, so why not just give me a pack/ rifle, and let the ones that want to go, go... I'm sure there are enough sick mother fu*kers such as my self that would take ANY opportunity to blow that bastard away, and all that follow him. Hate, yes I have such a hate burning in my soul that it can not be extingushed...
no matter how long I "live" the feelings of knowing that men, and women are dying because of some m/fker like him just eat at me, and if given the chance, I would splatter his peanut sized brain with a round right between his eyes, but that would be too quick, I would want it to be a slow a possible, so that his pain would rack his body until he feels the pain of the thousands he killed...
... sorry, I wouldn't have any mercy for any of them...
for in some ways, see I'm already dead, so what difference would it make...........
-----------------
Egress// Last chance for life

Profile Qoute
phuloi

Registered to :Aug 24, 2001
Posted 07-03-2002 at 12:12
So..,Curtis,tell us how you REALLY feel!Hang in there little brother..This too shall pass....Chris,I share your feelings,but once again Shangri-La,with her eloquent words of wisdom,has soothed my soul.However...as I see the dead, and now even the wounded heros returning with all the respect they deserve and have earned..I can`t help but wonder;what about us?
-----------------
War is fear cloaked in courage...... Westmoreland...Peace..Griz

Profile www Qoute
DMZ-LT

Registered to :Aug 27, 2001
Posted 07-03-2002 at 13:40
Nothing but honor and respect for todays armed service people. Came home alone at night, in the winter, wearing kaki's. In my heart I am still honored to have served and honor all those that served. Everyone else can kiss my mf -ing ass.Wonder how many pages it would take to post 58,000 posts and how many hits it would get today.

Profile Qoute
sn-e3

Posted 07-03-2002 at 15:24
LT i for one would read every last one no matter how long it took. each and everyone was someones son or brother or sister they deserve no less god rest their forever young souls
-----------------

Profile Email Qoute
MORTARDUDE

Posted 07-03-2002 at 15:39
I wonder if some brave soul somewhere would start a project and attempt to document each and everyone of the 58,000+ dead from our war with an anecdote, and kind words, job descriptions, hobbies, likes and dislikes, pictures, and a write up about what his or her death has meant to the family over the past 30+ years. Talk about a tear-jerker...It would make one hell of a book though and would show once and for all how deep Vietnam cut to the bone of this country....

-----------------
Larry 81MM + 4.2" MORTARDUDE B Co. 2/22 (M) 25TH INF DIV. ( 1970 ) St. John 12-13 : This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends

Profile Email www Qoute
SEATJERKER

Posted 07-03-2002 at 16:21
...morterchunker, you are so right...
to list out the 58,000+ in an alphabetical/ chronological way with the truth's beside each, and every name, and face so that America's future could remember the heroes of the past...
...I have a bitter taste about humanity as it is now, and would rather give my life for the young to learn from, then sit here as I am now, just seething away with the feeling of hate, and uselessnes. I can't REALLY tell you all how I feel because given the chance..., It'd be taken out of context...
...no mercy...
-----------------
Egress// Last chance for life

Profile Qoute
sfc_darrel

Registered to :Jan 19, 2002
Posted 08-03-2002 at 22:58
Griz,
Here's some respect.

They Were Soldiers
The value of leaving no man behind.

Friday, March 8, 2002 12:01 a.m. EST

Soldiers don't do math. That's the terrible beauty underscored by the return home this week of Petty Officer First Class Neil Roberts and the six other American fighting men who gave their lives in Afghanistan on Monday in the effort to recover his body.

Mr. Galloway says there are two parts to this ethic. Anyone can see what it costs. But maybe you have to be a soldier to understand what it's worth. http://opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=105001737

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert Heinlein

catena

Registered to :Feb 06, 2002
Posted 09-03-2002 at 02:42
i have never been in the service and i understand what it means.. maybe it helps to have a dad that was in the service.. and to know what he has gone throw everyday of his like to make me person i am today..
but to anyone who listens.. i understand.. don't ask how i just do..
love ya all
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina Catena

Profile Qoute
catman

Registered to :Sep 02, 2001
From lum city, wi
Posted 09-03-2002 at 08:24
Seatjerker, more than willing to spot for you, anytime and in any godforsaken raghead country of your choice just call me and i am ready!
-----------------
Godspeed and keep low!

Profile Email www Qoute
arrow

Posted 09-03-2002 at 16:06
Here is some more respect. We are few that love you but we are loyal. And we are fierce in our defense of you. We might have different view points at times but God help the person that doubts that you were the best our generation had to offer.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links