The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Enduring Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2002, 10:07 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Vetgirl,

As a mother, this is bad. There are people out there trying to kill our children.

As the proud mother of a Navy Sailor, I know that he joined for continued freedom for all of us. He took Jr ROTC in High School from a tough Vietnam Vet Sargeant.

His family has a long history of proud service to this country.

After September 11th, he reenlisted. He tried to get a transfer to the Roosevelt task force but his ship wouldn't let him go.
He's already a lifetime member of the VFW.

He fights for this country because someone has to and to stay free we now must fight radical Muslims because they are out to destroy us.

Joy

Mother's fears:
My grandmother was scared every day for my Dad's life during WWII. My mother was scared every day for me during Nam. My mother was scared every day for me and my family during Operation Just Cause in Panama. My wife was scared every day during Operation Noble Anvil in Kosovo.

Of course you should be worried, scared and proud. Your child is one of the few that will put their life on the line against the ultimate night.

Darrel

Thank your child, from us, for serving.
D&J
Old 08-09-2002, 12:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Yes vetgirl, I have a two sons who are serving and many grandsons to follow. I am fearful that politicians for the sake of elections will put them in harms way. They did it in Vietnam and I don't think they are above politics even though we have real enemys. yes I think as long as we have so many uhnwilling to get the job that needs doing done we all should be scared.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote