Old 04-24-2002, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Gulf War

GoldenDragon

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 05-11-2001 at 02:51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know how long we bombed before we sent in major ground forces?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile Email www Qoute
David

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 08-11-2001 at 23:04
Jan 16, 1991 - The air war started Jan 17 at 2:38 a.m. (local time) or January 16 at 6:38PM EST due to an 8 hour time difference, with an Apache helicopter attack.

Feb 23, 1991 - Ground war begins with Marines, Army and Arab forces moving into Iraq and Kuwait.

Profile www Qoute
GoldenDragon

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 08-11-2001 at 23:50
Thanks David, I was beginning to think no one was going to answer.
I am getting sick and tired of the news media harping on the "pace" of the current bombing campaign.
There is no comparison between Iraq and Afghanistan. They second guess everything the Pentagon and the military does. They are a bunch of know nothing arm chair quaterbacks.
CNN? I think the owners and managers need to be arrested for treason. Right after they pick up Bill Clinton.

Profile Email www Qoute
ABN_CIB

Registered to :Aug 28, 2001
Posted 07-01-2002 at 12:37
The problem with the media is that they do exactly what they accuse the military of doing; they're fighting the last war. They don't realize that every war is different.

Profile Email www Qoute
rcleach

Registered to :Apr 10, 2002
Posted 10-04-2002 at 01:02
I remember the night the air war started. I was in north Saudi Arabia, supporting 3rd ACR. I looked up through nvg's and thought half the milky way was moving north. I'll never forget that night...or the night we went across the berm. Took epw's after a very brief shooting match. Shame those poor bastards didn't have night vision.
-----------------
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2002, 10:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortdawg

Right on!!!!

The media has no place on the battlefield. During ODS we had to protect some of those fu@#ers. What a waste. They have no idea what we go through and they are the ones informing America about the coflict and twisting the facts. If the media wouldn't have been in Nam our guys wouldn't have gotten all that flack. They are heroes and the media made them out to be monsters. It really pisses me off.