The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2004, 01:36 PM

Reeb - The type of discharge don't mean squat when you know the man. I think you can tell from everyone's response that we know the man and that means more than anything some HQ bozo decided.

Having said that, have you ever looked into getting the discharge upgraded? If not and would like to, let me know and I can get you some info on how to go about it.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2004, 01:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Reeb...

Desdichado said it best. Just: "Put it behind or live with it".

Regardless, your rare public honesty over fouling-up does have quite some honor attached to such a rarity. Would that so many political foul-ups were so quite differently honest and forthright in America? Hell,...some such don't even fess-up under oaths.

Still, my advice to ANYONE & FOR WHATEVER REASONS not toeing-the-line in both the The Civilian and Military Worlds,...just don't get caught. Hell, if everybody screwing-up got caught in both worlds alluded to, there just wouldn't be enough Brigs, Jails or Stockades to hold everyone,...unless most all received amnesty from the sympathetic Political Foul-ups alluded to.

So Reeb,...why-sweat-it? Just take Destichado's advice.

Neil :cd:
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default REEB

As you can already tell, nobody "hates" you or wants you off of this site including me. But I can't TOTALLY sympathize with you. No matter how good the reason, and I'm truly sorry for your loss, like you said, you "FUCKED UP." Given your years in the service, I'm sure you knew the possible consequences or other possible options [Looking into a Hardship Leave, or seeking help from the Red Cross or a Chaplain]. But, trying to imagine what your emotions were, I can understand your making a bad decision. Like has already been suggested, "Live with it, or put it behind you."

If I were you, I'd take Bill R. up on his offer and check into an up-grade of the discharge. I know somebody that was able to accomplish this. With your extenuating circumstances, I believe it would be a real possibility.

Thank you for your service and WELCOME HOME.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:26 PM

Yall,

I really dint expect one reply on this subject,, BUT.............

AND I WANT THIS PLAINLY ( except for my spelling ), Stated, that :

ALL OF YOU ARE REAL GOOD PERSONS, AND THIS SITE IS THE BEST FOR VETS TO DO KEEP IN TOUCH.

Thank You all for your consideration on this.

( I thought I would be booted). And I am not a Physco Vet> Ha Ha Ha.

Just goes to show ya that I was wrong Twice now..

Anyhow back to the main post.

As you know , by my own mistake, I was Honored with the VOM for June of this year.

But I had to turn it down, regrettfully , for this reason.

I appreciate all your votes, but there are alot more on here that derserves it more than me.

Like Humper , Drywall, Bits ( all of which are my mentors ) , I learned alot from them how to conduct my CONDUCT on here. Man there are so many that REALLY deserve it.

I owe them one hell of alot......

I still dont want the VOM.

JUST WANT TO SAY NOW.....

THANK YOU FOR STANDING BEHIND ME FOR WHAT I DID, AND I WILL STILL BE HERE FOR maybe another 1,000 post/replies.

Man do I fell ALOT better........

Glad to have such good friends, ( even though you are cyber to me )..

enough........

AND

SALUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to all of you........
Old 05-22-2004, 06:13 AM

Reeb,
Mama always said, "Judge not lest ye be judged". (why do I sound like Forest Gump?)

It's a hard rule to live by, but oh so easy when I look back at my own life. My two older Bros were discharged from the Navy and the Army under less than honorable and general conditions .
Do I agree with how they handled themselves...no, but I still love them.

I wasn't standing in your head when you made your decisions. I didn't feel your heart beating in my chest so I don't know the pain of your heart ache. But I can respect you for the strength it took for you to speak your heart and soul here. You still have so much to contribute to this site and this world.

Don't go.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:26 AM
Doc.2/47

You're not a psyco vet?!?

Veeeeeeeery intreeesting...
ve haf vays of making you one.