The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2009, 07:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Just an observation...

I do not know why Gimpy and James have abandoned the site. I do know that they hurled one invective, argument, claim, and political broadside after another at Bush and the Republicans for many, many years....and they are not on here to defend the current President and any mistakes that he has made.

They may each have good reason not to be here....but it sure looks disingenuous to me.

Larry

P. S. : For the record, I regard most politicians as parasites, and the "two-party system", as a monster with 2 heads.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Larry, et all

It has nothing to do with trying to "defend" anyone or any political entity whatsoever.

The so called "mistakes" made by Obama PALE IN COMPARISON to the outrageous and indefensible actions (and INactions) of the previous Bush administration. Don't belive me? .............Just check out the latest percentage of Americans who happen to believe this nation is FINALLY getting on the right course once again.

I don't come around much anymore because I don't particularly like to associate myself nor communicate with the likes of certain sickos who make unsubstantiated sexual abuse charges against folks and then don't have the intestinal fortitude to offer an apology for their outrageous behavior.

I got better things to do than try and argue or associate with numbnutted a$$holes.

Love ya bro........and all the other fine friends I've made over the years on this site.

Till then,

See ya later,

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Just saw this...actually Deb did

I cannot believe that Scamp, and I'll use the name, has not appologized to Gimpy. I guess he's not a man that can step up to the plate when he was clearly wrong no matter what the circumstance.

Gimpy....don't let one person who obviously doesn't have the balls to say he's sorry, keep you, my dear Southern Brother, away from the site. Hoping to see you next week.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-17-2009, 05:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Always remember you at Fank's funeral ,brother ,and the meeting at lake lanier. Hope to shake your hand again.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:57 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Lightbulb

It's been awhile since that post went up and then was taken down. There is no way to reconstruct it from memory by any one of us. My take on the exchange was completely different than that of most. I did not believe then or now that Scamp was accusing Steve or James of sexual abuse of their own familiy members. I rather believed he was responding to what he regarded as verbal intimation and threats against his own family members or someone he felt it was his responsibilty to protect. At the same time objecting to all bullying behavior because of the robbery at knife point of his daughter while with her baby girl in the parking lot of a shopping mall. I do remember Steve asking him directly what Scamp's problem was and Scamp replying to Steve "my problem with you is your mouth". Then followed a reply from Steve to Scamp about his mouth. Not an unsual exchange on the political "debate"? forum. This is why I have not responded previously to any of the post that followed. I agree that this needs to be resolved back channel with an apology posted on the site by the person or persons in the wrong. Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-18-2009, 05:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Always my brothers

Packo..........my dear southern brother, I'll always cherish our friendship and our brotherhood of southern heritage. You have been and continue to be one of the most honest and honorable individuals I've ever had the pleasure of being assocaited with......bar none!

We've had our differences of "opinions" on several subjects in the past, but we NEVER become infuriated enough to the point of character assasination and name calling as have several other folks around here. You are truly a man of redeeming quality and outstanding individual character and I'll always be there for you and Deb if you ever need anyhing.

But, I just can't continue to expose myself to the outlandish, childish examples of bigotry and hatered by some individuals who seem to be getting worse every day.

I'll probably still come around once in a while to to say hello and see how everyones doing, but I just don't have the stomach much anymore for all the fussin & fightin.

Lifes to short.........we ALL don't know how much time we've got left.... and I should have been dead a long, long time ago in that rice paddy in the Delta.

Like I said before. I got MUCH better things to do than argue all the time. Me and Jackie and our beautiful grandchildren and chidren will celebrate and enjoy whatever time we have left with them rather than participate in arguements with unrelenting radicals and nutcases.

Always............your true blueblooded Southern Brother.

The Gimpster

PS------John (LT)...........I also will never forget you either my "homie" brother. It was truly an honor to stand by your side at our fallen brother Franks funeral a few years ago. I'll never forget that "first" annual psyco vets campsite and cookout at Lake Lanier when I first had the good fortune of shaking your hand along with meeting Doc Fred, Sid (Pho), Frank, Mustache
Mike and all the other motley crew of hero's I met that day and STILL call my brothers!

I won't be able to make it this year to the mountain, I've got some foot surgery scheduled at the VA this coming Wednesday for a problem with my big toe that has been giving me a lot of trouble recently. Can't reschedule it because of all the backed up surgeries down here at the Tampa VA.

Maybe next year,

Love ya Brother!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sis...

And you will always be our Sis. I remember the post. As I posted, basically it said that I've always respected Scamp and his well travelled life and experiences BUT he was wrong in what he said to Gimpy and James as James was wrong in what he said to Scout. I calls em' as I see em' and Scamp owes them an appology as well as James owes Scout. I do care about what may have happened in Scamps family. I wasn't privvy to that...but it's no damn excuse to say what he said. He needs to man up on this one.

Gimpy....all I can say is that you will truly be missed. Get your dam feet better and we will see each other soon. I'll send you pics.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-18-2009, 05:56 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Lightbulb

"I calls em' as I see em'" you always have and always will. That's why I'm proud to be your Sis followin' right along in your foot steps. Callin' them as I see em' too. "He needs to man up on this one". He will.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-22-2009, 06:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Pack, I have always known you as a stand- up guy so I accept your critique but not your requirements. I and I alone am responsible for my acts and words, no one else. My apologies go to the PF site and my act of loosing it and letting the stored up gremlins take charge and roll. Like many others, I should have cleared out of this site when the insults and attempted bullying started and for that mistake, I accept the consequences.

That some kiddos get to go to University or feel back-up for their primary education is what my ‘manliness’ is about and if I betray those needs and wants, I am a lesser person and letting the gremlins loose and take charge makes me a lesser person. That is not the best of me and the gremlins can go back to the hell hole they came from and I’ll go on to my “Blue Bayou”, make a difference as best I can, and let it go at that.
And Pack, traviling is just a tool to get to needs, no more than that. Getting 2-5% more fuel effiency from a 1 Meg plus horse power turbine is what I do and have done. Going 'green' is no new deal for me, done it for a very, very, long time, including the soviet funky junk that populates eastern europe and china. The difference being that I have no need for a hate-centered political agenda to do it.

Salute
Old 04-22-2009, 09:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And so, there it is. My project in Lucban, PI and my home away from home. Three bedrooms, two baths, two covered outdoor patios, covered garage, nepi hut and semi outdoor kitchen. I admit to covering the cost, but not the color scheme of white, egg yoke yellow and parrot green was not my choice, but go with the flow eh, the Pinoy do lively colors. Building lots are small so up-up is the only way.
Manliness is being there, helping the local kiddos move on to their aspirations and hopes but not intruding and especially not counting coups about sexual advantage and is a core principal of giving back. Apologies cut both ways and the seemingly “innocent” Gimpy and James need something besides externalization, denial and rhetoric. So what is, is, and I’ll react to it no more, ever. I have never been a racist bigot as acused by those two, never will be and go where the needs are, not where some stuped............

Scamp