The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2002, 08:32 AM

Unhappy I don't Know about you all

even though the police say that they may have caught the serial sniper, I don't think we've heard the last of this Nut just yet, God I hope I'm wrong
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2002, 08:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Angry If he is the sniper and police believe that he is.

It will be interesting to see the developments in the case. I'm sure he'll try to gain sympathy from the naive along the way. Those against the death penality will surely have their day in court, etc. Some Muslim group will certainly come to his rescue and try to defend his cowardly actions. If he is the bush-whacker it will be an interesting next few months.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 10:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

My take is that the FBI has a steak driven way deep on this one and has a lot on the table of credibility. The last thing in the world they need is to have to wear sackcloth and ashes and go around doing mea-copas again. As well, like Keith said, the two alleged perps are going to get every angstrom of legal protection available and as things press forth the Moslem outfit is going to be crying foul every step of the way. I expect some big name defense Attorney to step forth and try to serve the FBI their tongues on a platter. We?ll see when we see, but I?m really curious to watch where all this leads and the new realities we become exposed too.

Scamp
Old 10-24-2002, 02:13 PM

Sarg,

I'm worried about the so called Moslum training grounds in Alabama. That's what I heard reported last night. If this is so I'm sure they will be pumping these guy's for all they know before we give them the 440,000 Volts and matching amps to light up their world.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-24-2002, 07:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

i have family that lives up that away and some really great friends.. it scared me to death..
but now they have them and i don't see them going anywere anytime soon do you all??
god i hope they spend the rest of their lives in jail..
love ya
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina Catena

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 10-25-2002, 07:09 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Killers

Bring them To Texas, We'll take care of the problem.
Ron
Old 10-25-2002, 07:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I think they should bring them to

I think they should bring them to Ft. Lewis and use them as practice targets for the REAL SNIPERS at Ft. Lewis. Make sure they are tied to a tree and see if the snipers can hit them. I think they still do that in Utah.

Keith
Old 10-25-2002, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Gotta laugh at the news this morning. CNN reported that the step-dad had a Marksman medal but ya know they didn't tell what it takes to get a Marksman medal. As I remember it it was thirty hits out of 60 at the range and every troop had to qualify at the range. Part of Basic Training wasn't it? Marksman was just next to Bo-Lo wasn't it? From bottom to top it was Bo-Lo (no medal), Marksman (medal), Sharpshooter (medal) and Expert (medal). I guess it's just typical headline hype to make it seem more grandious than it really is.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:02 AM

Reports I heard said he qualified Expert. Big friggin' deal. Haven't fired a weapon since Nam but figure I could make most of the shots this asspimple made..just need about a week's practice and a stable platform...and! I can't seen to bleeding well..but, with a scope, click in a little windage, figure for drop, and aim for the center of mass..no big deal, that.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post They said his longest shot was 150 yds.

Most of his shots were 60 - 100 yds. Any deer hunter with a stable platform and a still target could shoot as well as this guy. The reports I saw said he was a marksman, and qualified expert. He is probably a good shot but nothing to write home about. True snipers would shoot rings around this guy. As close as he was shooting you wouldn't have to make any adjustments for wind or distance.

Keith