The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2003, 08:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Welp fellers -
It sure as hell IS a one-party problem at the moment... and the republican folks are lookin' to extend their run another four years, if not in perpetuity, no?

Still waitin' on seeing what their plan on this deal is gonna be... I know, other priorities.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2003, 08:48 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Gimp & Scout -

You guys are really something else!!?

It is obvious that, even though you adamantly espouse differing political ideologies, you gentlemen both have your hearts and intentions in the right place! (opinion) ?Two finer examples of Americanism would be hard to find!!?

Cantankerous, opinionated, and even cranky at times, one thing is for sure, when you gents believe in an issue, you go right for the jugular! And for the record, you are the kind of people that I would love to see fighting for the rights of ?ALL? veterans in the ?Badlands Beyond The Potomac!?

?You may not always agree on all issues, but you do enjoy the heat of battle, don?t you!??

VERITAS
Old 09-10-2003, 09:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I don't get it. What difference does it make what "Superscout" believes or disbelieves ? This has degenerated into something from kindergarten. IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT NON-VETERANS TO SEE WHEN THEY COME TO THIS SITE ? I sure as HELL don't. We should be comparing our > successes and strategies < in making life better for veterans, not engaging in some kind of pissing contest for 4 year olds...

Gimpy, I love you dearly my southern brother, but your behavior is endemic to the way all of the service organizations approach veterans concerns....bombast, rhetoric, name calling, blame throwing...If they spent just 50 % of all that time wasted working together, they could get a lot more accomplished...I have yet to see a reasoned argument from you without name calling, red emoticons, and all the rest...Don't dump on me..I am just saying all of this because I have had enough. ALL, repeat ALL, the politicians are only looking out for themselves.

As Rodney King stated so eloquently..."can't we all just get along"...

Larry
Old 09-10-2003, 09:36 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation "LARRY"

WOW!!!! :ek: :ek: :ek: :ek: :ek: :ek: :ek:

VERITAS
Old 09-10-2003, 11:29 AM

Default That's horseshit Larry,

and YOU know it. I've posted many, many proposed solutions and information regarding the current plight of veterans re: concurrent receipt & health care & benefits and you know it!

Yeah, I can get "bombastic" at times----I wish to hell some of YOU guys could as well! I posted so many "reasoned" arguements that I can't count them all They are in TURN met with the SAME kind of "bombastic" responses you so deftly accuse ME of! When I post what the voting records of our elected officials are regarding these issues in Congress and the piss-poor record the current administration has been ---I am accused of being everything from a "commie-loving" liberal, left-wing fanatic to some wacko, peace-nick, tree-lovin subversive!

If the doggone TRUTH is somehow hurtful or disrespectful of what the "solution" is--then SO BE IT my friend!

No less than at LEAST the past TEN YEARS have proven my charges time and time again! The VOTES in Congress tell the TRUTH --as does the G.W. Bush budgetary proposals for VA health care & benefits. The S-O-L-U-T-I-O-N is to vote the REPUBLICANS OUT OF OFFICE! There can BE no DENYING that the vote "tally" of the past ten years P-R-O-V-E-S this--without question!!
Old 09-10-2003, 11:55 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpy, Gimpster or The Gimster...

Since so devoutly and religiously politicizing EVERYTHING (naturally from the self-professed morally superior Dem/Lib stance),...why are you so adamently against The New Kid on The Block and/or The Conservatives/Republicans having a go at things? It has only been a few years of Republican Control. Plus, and whether or not Dems/Libs believe it or not,...we are at war, and a quite lengthy one at that (as initially stated 2 years ago).

Besides, if the previous Administration of 8 years didn't do sh!t for America's Veterans (The Military inclusive), and the previous about 45 years of Dem/Lib CONTROL of The Congress did just as little for The Veterans (The Military inclusive),...what's your point?

Seems to me that just like having tantrums and insulting or slurring fellow Veterans,...your also perpetually backing a sick horse (in your case a sick jackass) makes YOU look bad. I know full well from you many posts that you just aren't: "Bad" at all, since championing Veterans at every opportunity. Gets very confusing.

Whatever Gimpy,...If President Bush ever gets as worldly and militarilly uncaring and inept and power and control hungry as your patron saint Bill Clinton and other such political Dems/Libs, I'll apoligize for anything stated here. Still, and since impossible that any future President could ever be so inept, untrustworthy and lecherous as Lover Boy Bill and/or The Pervert-In-Chief,...don't hold your breath.

Regardless,...see you at the next Democratic Rally .
Yeah, sure. In your dreams .

Neil
Old 09-10-2003, 12:02 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Gimptster, Larry and HC -
I've noticed that too, the bombast tension I mean... when a solution is what is needed most. Problem is how to arrive there, how to coordinate a response and an action in the face of overwhelming odds even when one DOES possess the truth, the unvarnished plain honest factual unedited truth.

What I find most difficult to comprehend and accept is when partisans simply will not abide ANY justifiable criticism or analysis of their current patrons. I always keep thinking we are american patriots first, then whatever else comes after that but never to a degree that we allow ourselves to become blind, nor to cast blame where it does NOT belong either.

Frustration, a sense of running out of time, long and often real bad or violent experiences, the gotcha-mode, reason being demanded in unreasonable situations, disappointment, and fatigue... at PF we have this one sanctuary, perhaps the sole one for some of us, like me.

Little Sparrow counseled something I might be able to paraphrase, when I forthed with a cock-eyed notion of asking Ross Perot to finance weekly full-page ads about Veteran needs in national newspapers... she came back with when the time is right vets will make it happen, and not before.

Hope we're all still around when that takes place...it ain't as if most of us have never seen overwhelming odds before.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:24 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Neil -
You are on the dot with that one about giving the other team an earned chance on the field, absolutely. I'm optimistic actually, about their chances...had it not been for 9/11 intervening, the whole picture from their administration would be much different today, no? I just hope that in their ecstatic excitement we don't have to experience too much more "premature ejaculation", which in this case would leave more than stains on pretty girls' White House go-to-meeting garments.

I'm serious... I get the feeling at times that the repubs are SOOOOOOO fired up about having the reins that it's taking quite a bit of time to get the team headed on the roadway out of the ditchbank. This upcoming election seems to have focused some minds considerably, and the dems are in their usual circular firing squad close order drill. The Greenies are sitting it out to see how to triangulate the next spoiler convention, LaRouche bunch is yelling outloud again, Libertarians are hoping for the best... it will be very interesting to see how it turns out.

But, I'll venture to claim that the issues they will be facing as party members are being telegraphed right here on PF every day, all day. Hope they're all reading once in awhile.

I still don't believe Slick Willy has the slightest idea of how deeply he, and he alone, poisoned the political waters in America for the next couple of generations...not a clue.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:57 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Mike...

Sort-of agree with that: "SOOOOOOO fired-up" bit. But, and coming at it from a different angle, I wish that the rebubs would eventually REALLY GET FIRED-UP for a change.

It seems to me that their being losers for such a long time (about 45 years), that they simply can't handle being THE WINNERS that they are. In most instances, and even when not necessary at all, THE WINNERS usually go along with the defeated Leftist Minority's wishes. Afraid that any rational and sensible governing favoring America over all other nations, will be construed as: "Unfair", "Insensitive", "Uncaring", and above all; "Politically-incorrect".

Regardless, and no matter what anyone thinks,...I hope Republicans FINALLY learn to start playing hardball in this game of politics. Then, "They" too might have some longevity at governing America, as The Leftists had for so long and primarily why things have gotten so out-of-hand.

Besides and for Americans especially,...America's running out of time.

Neil
Old 09-10-2003, 01:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb BLUEHAWK -

Loved your statement below
--------------------------------------------
QUOTE:

But, I'll venture to claim that the issues they will be facing as party members are being telegraphed right here on PF every day, all day. Hope they're all reading once in awhile.
---------------------------------------------

This site and others too I suspect, might just give some insight to those who claim to know it all in theory, and nada, nothing, nil, in the real world! :ek:

They say that out of the mouths of babes (babies) often comes escaping wisdom! Well, I still assume that many in politics still consider us just that! "Maybe it's time to surprise them all, those that can still read, and understand what they have read, that is!

Maybe someone should send an e-mail to all of our Senators, Congressmen, Supreme Court Justices, and even the Prez himself, telling them to open up their eyes, ears and hearts to the words of wisdom found herein!

e-mail address - president@whitehouse.gov

You can catch your congressman at - www.house.gov

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hurry up, for if y'all wait to long to sound off, these political bonvivants may slip their earthly coils (Old Age), and then the only e-mails that they will be able to get will be at -

hww@formerpresidents.hades

(Hell-Wide Web at Former Presidents. Hades) LOL

"There ain't no truth (VERITAS) in Hell"