The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > Marine Corps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2021, 03:41 PM

Thumbs up Marine Dog Gets Military Funeral After Over 400 Combat Missions in Middle East

Marine Dog Gets Military Funeral After Over 400 Combat Missions in Middle East
Re: https://www.insideedition.com/media/...e-origin-68529

Video link: https://www.insideedition.com/media/...dle-east-68528

Marine Dog Gets Military Funeral After Over 400 Combat Missions in Middle East

A war dog named Lucca, who served in more than 400 missions in Iraq and Afghanistan, was given a full military burial in Michigan over the weekend. Her longtime handler, retired Marine Master Sergeant Chris Willingham, carried the dog's ashes behind the canine honor guard during the ceremony for the 14-year-old German Shepherd. In 2016, Lucca was awarded the Dickin Medal, which is the highest honor a military service animal can get. Lucca was the first working dog in the military to receive it.

Another report posted as follows:

A war dog named Lucca, who served in more than 400 missions in Iraq and Afghanistan, has been given a full military burial in Michigan over the weekend.

Her longtime handler, retired Marine Master Sergeant Chris Willingham, carried the dog's ashes behind the canine honor guard during the ceremony for the 14-year-old German Shepherd.

“Lucca saved my life on multiple occasions,” Sgt. Willingham told Inside Edition.

In 2016, Lucca was awarded the Dickin Medal, which is the highest honor a military service animal can get. Lucca was the first working dog in the military to receive it.

On her last patrol in Afghanistan, an explosive device went off and Lucca's left leg had to be amputated. She was then sent to rehabilitation.

“She came running up to me and jumped on me and started licking my face and that's when you know you're in Lucca's good graces,” Willingham recalled of their reunion after the rehabilitation.

Old age finally took Lucca, and while her heroic life came to an end, she was celebrated at the Michigan War Dog Memorial, where hundreds of Americans came to pay their respects and fellow dogs of war walked in formation to honor their comrade.

(Boats: Again Personal note: Lucca you did your Brother's well and saved your keeper's as well.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: The Marines do it right - Lucca was no exception may he now rest in peace with his Brother's - and we thank them all and you for your service to our Marine Corp.
Lucca R.I. P. now - now its time to go run with your Mate's - once more.
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links