The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Dominican republic

Did you know that the United States sent more than 23,000 Military personnel to Dominican Republic. By the end of the invasion, more than 3,000 Dominicans and 24 American servicemen had lost their lives. Another 156 Americans were wounded. The Operation was called Power Pack. I was In Power Pack IV. It started in 65 and I returned to the States (Fort Benning) in 66. (I believe it was September)
A fleet of 41 vessels was sent to blockade the island, and an invasion was launched by Marines and elements of the United States Army's 82 Airborne which I was attached, 1st of the 504.
While there the 1st Bn made a jump on the parade grounds of a old Worlds Fair location when Vice President Humphry showed up. Then Guys landed all over the place and 1/2 hour later they were all standing in formation in front of Hubert. I was impressed and wondered just what I was doing in an Airborne unit, not being airborne. That evening we had two guys get ambushed and killed while in a jeep. I got a picture of the jeep.

Ron
Sponsored Links