The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2003, 02:40 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default First aid poutch

I carried a extra pack of smokes in the poutch. Probibly shouldn't have but then, there were a bunch of stuff I shouldn't have done. Had a bulls eye drawn on the side of my helmet and FTA in the front.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2003, 05:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default severe irony

Ron--you kept the bandage didn't you? I mean if not you must have truly thought yourself lucky
I had a peace symbol on my helmet and deros date. i didn't believe in peace, it was just severe irony. I hated helmets, being in the lrrps I never wore one again.
Ive been getting hollerred at all my life for not wearing a hard hat when supposed to. Also wearing running shoes on the job (don't like boots, either)I keep one in my car now for inspections on big jobs. Its just a plain white one, writing on your hard hat mean you a grunt and I want to be seen as on upper level. (lifer! lol!)

James
Old 12-03-2003, 05:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

We wore bonnie hats most of the time. Most people in the platoon had their home state sewed on one side and their girl friends or wifes name on the other side. Still got mine with Sharon on one side , crossed flechettes up front , 4 grenade rings on the sides , New Jersey on the other side and DMZ sewed on the back. My track had a hugh FTA painted on the side that had been there before any of us got there.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 05:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by DMZ-LT We wore bonnie hats most of the time. Most people in the platoon had their home state sewed on one side and their girl friends or wifes name on the other side. Still got mine with Sharon on one side , crossed flechettes up front , 4 grenade rings on the sides , New Jersey on the other side and DMZ sewed on the back. My track had a hugh FTA painted on the side that had been there before any of us got there.
Boonie hats:
We cut down the cammo flophats to make boonie caps, cutting the brim down to bout 1"
the superstition (in the lrrps) was never to wash them so they were just about strong enough to stand up and walk by themselves.
Grenade pins, of course, were De` Rigeur. Some people made necklaces out of em
Don't remember what I wrote on mine but it was probly nasty

James