The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2003, 04:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Fred...et al....I can only reinforce what David said, thank all of you for being there for us and helping us through our transitions and trials. Often words of encouragement go a long long way. Thank you for your service and for treading ground so we did not have to. Thanks for teaching in your many post and for taking us in and showing us that there is a good life live after combat. This site and you guys have taught me as much or more than the groups I use to attend.

Sis...thanks for everything, you have been there for most of us at one time or another and never ask anything in return, you are by far this site's and our Molly Pitcher. I salute you.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2003, 04:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

What a great post and what a fine man. I love Doc like a brother even though we only were togeather for less then a week we had a Bond that will last a lifetime. I hope to see him and Shirley next september when I visit the right coast.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sis, et al

Thanks so much for the memories. It is one of the reasons we all spend time on this site. I am so proud to have Doc as a friend, to have seen the Nolachucky, to have laid at the top of Roan Mountain, and to have had hero's like him and all the other Doc's there to hold our hands as we cried and died. God bless all who I call brother and sister on this site......and God Bless Doc and Shirley whom Deb and I call friends.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-05-2003, 07:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Having,...

...had the pleasure of meeting 3 of the finest couples on the planet a couple of years ago, I'll add that although from different points of the compass, I saw a bonding of three men that I shall cherish forever, yes, I was there, and was engulfed warmly into a circle that I had no right to be in, and it surpassed any, and all expectations,...

...the soul yearns for companionship, and without slight for a day, these men, and their better halves nestled me under their wing, and part of my transformation began,...

...Their unsurpassed love for this Nation, and their brothers in arms undaunted by a time difference of 30 + years, showed me the highest level of brethern,...

...uncompromised, they, and all of you have stood the test of time in preserving the integrity for which you stood, and fought, and died,...

...I do not believe that there ever was, or will be again, a war of such intense magnitudes stacked against the Vietnam soldiers, who through it all, maintained a decorum of integrity, Honor, and dignity,...

...You are all to be commended for answering the call to arms, and holding steadfast to your beliefs of righteousness,...

...I am proud to have met all of you, and would hope one day to be able to live up to the same expectations,...

..."Welcome home"...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk