The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2003, 05:37 AM

Gimp said it best - all things being equal - this is life as we know it we have to take the good with the bad and work through it. No ones perfect and we all make mistakes as we go through life.

I've made my share and I can't change only hope that I've learned from those issues that caused me regret.

No apologies are needed - rather its good to see you are man enough to recognize these things rather than have someone else (maybe a friend) tell you.

I've been a loner most of my life - no real friends just associates or one day visits. I have one true friend and that is my family and really that's all I need to make it through each day.

I should say I have two friends I have you guys on this site to help me see and learn from similar experiences.

I had a dream (sound familiar) I really have a good idea, which may result in dollars but I'm not sure how to go about it. I may need to talk with someone about how to patten an idea - with little funds to support it. Another challenge late in my years and thats all I need. So simple is this idea that it blows my mind that no one ever thought of it.

Its so early in the morning that I"ve seen the sun come up again and I always enjoy that moment when it breaks through.

Mort - think of a sunrise - think positive thoughts - think of the first time you looked into one of your kids eye's when they were first born - think of the days when those who are gone used to make you laugh and appreciate the moment. Life is so fleeting that we have to reflect on those good times and draw all the emotions from those experiences to get us by.

I wish you well Mort and your family and I hope your Holidays this Season are good ones.

Your Friend,

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2003, 08:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Larry I agree with what Andy stated so well welcome home....
Old 12-02-2003, 08:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thank You all so very much !!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2003, 07:57 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Larry-
Glad you are back. We all have our times. There are many Who care. you are a great Friend. When You are feeling down so are we. This is a great place to visit. it really helps to cope. Wow Bud! Thanks for the visit on Monday. It was great talking to You. Yep! Folks MortarDude paid me a visit on Monday We had a great time sharing stories and reflecting back on the good and the not so good. We will probably get together again in a few days. Take care- Topp