Default New memorial for kia in vietnam

Old 01-12-2013, 08:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Wow!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Rest in peace Brothers. Curtis Bauer , William Cox , Charlie Gazaway , Joseph Silon , William Stoner. All gave some , some gave all. C Troop 3rd Squadron 5th Cavalry 1971
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 AM

Do they have an onsite line? Like to review the row call. Have a few I'd like to say hi to

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

I can not imagine standing under all of those dog tags.
Soon after it was built Joanne and I were in D.C. and went to see The Wall. I could not go any closer that within view of it and it brought me to tears remembering February 2, 1968.
On 2/2/68 at 0200 I climbed into tower #2 of the QuiNhon Airfield and shortly after kick Ray Carol Banks out of the tower because I had to run around his body while dodging AK fire from downtown QuiNhon. RC BANKS name is etched on the Wall. Many of you had to go through my February 2nd daily while you were covering my a$$, errrrrr, covering my six, and you deserve a whole lot more than a two etched stone walls in Arlington. When the Wall was first built the sale of stainless steel bracelets was used to fund a good portion of its construction. POW-MIA bracelets, and I haven't taken the one I bought off since the day I got it,
Capt PARK BUNKER
USAF 30 DEC 70 Laos
Once I was walking through the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport terminal when the metal detector beeped as I went through it and the Security Cop stopped me. He then scanned me and told me to take off the bracelet which I didn't want to do. As I was pulling the bracelet off another Cop with three chevrons on his sleeve screamed at me "STOP!"
Sarge ran to me, grabbed my arm, looked at the bracelet and screamed to the guard at the gate, IS YOUR NAME PARK BUNKER? and the guard shook his head, no.
Sarge then screams back that "If your name is Park Bunker you can tell this man to take this bracelet off but you have no G** DAMN RITE to tell him to take it off now." Sarge looks back at me and tells me to go onto my gate.
Jenny, my youngest daughter went to D.C. last year and onto The Wall. She knew about the bracelet and got a rubbing of Park Bunker off The Wall which is hanging right in front of me now on the this my wall.
I bet they never have to wet the floor under those dog tags in order to mop it. The tears wet it enough.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to STYCK

For some reason I can't post the names from the VIRTUAL WALL....B R B

HARRISBURG,ILL (HOMETOWN)
Went to school with these.....

SP5 TOMMY LEE BARNES
SP4 VERNON EUGENE BELCHER
FN DAVID LEE HALL
CAPT JOHN CLINE TOWLE
SGT RUSSELL LOWELL THOMAS
TSGT GLENDELL EUGENE YATES
MILFORD,MICHIGAN