The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2002, 05:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

You'll be fine bro, like most have said - just tell the truth. I got a crew together in case they try to keep you. See you at the rally point tomorrow on the mountain, with black powder rifles, lookin for Mr. Pig. You have helped me keep movin many times - now it's my turn to put down some covering fire while you move out. So what you waiting for troop ? Scouts out !!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2002, 06:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Your movin'...

... it's like starting to turn your key in the door of life again...

...hope these words of encouragement reach you before you go today... It's like Griz said, "be honest" as the truth's that you all have faced are stronger then any lies that can be conjured up by a bullshitter...
...we as thousands of others know that PTSD is real, and each individual person has individual situations that are forever embeded in of minds...It's how you have to deal with them after you know the signals of oncoming aggression that takes you to a place that you don't want to be again...
...on wanting to kill the major, glad you didn't, don't know why you mentioned it, but wanting to kill is easier then stopping yourself from doing it, somewhere in the grey matter is that "split second of reaction" that we're all accustomed to, and the ability to control, takes that extra "split second of control" to supress it...
...most of all, take the time now to know that you are an honorable person, no matter what you were called upon to do in the name of freedom, you are a man of distinction cut from a very special cloth of the soldier, and the weave only accepts a very special few...
,,,Welcome Home, and be well for yourself...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-16-2002, 11:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Late to the thread

.I've been camping next to a river full of trout and they are biting. PTSD is great for fishing. Not one single nudge gets by my notice.LOL Seriously, I wouldn't sleep hardly at all if I didn't run a fan year round to drown out the night noises. I will say once again, the inpatient PTSD program at Salem, Va. VA is world class excellent. I am going back for a tuneup after the first of the year. You can even almost eat the food. Andy, if you ever get the hankering to go, that is the place.
Old 08-16-2002, 01:08 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default They didn't keep me

Sorry LT, I still keep the Harley. Had a nice long talk, She was amazed that I had not spent time in prison. Records are still f****ked up though. Her copy of my dd214 was missing 6 years of service. It shows I entered the Army in 1972, not 1966. It shows VN Awards but I had already done final tour in 1971. She read the letter from General Johnston and granted me that It would be hard to challenge the word of a 3 star general. Doc, she asked me what I wanted out of this and I told her that I didn't want to hurt anybody and that you had told me of a program in Salem, VA. to go to. She said it was one of the best. All in all it was a good day. I am now headed to the mountains to meet up with LT and Ron and we are going to go black powder hunting for wild hogs. SSHHH be vewry vewry quiet
Old 08-16-2002, 01:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Salem

All she has to do is contact them. They will get you up for a three day evaluation. It is mostly just a complete physical so they can see if you would be able physically to handle the stay. One of the people up there is TR, a former Green Beret. He's got some good Martha Raye stories. He was somewhere near us during 68-69. I would say you two have met somewhere along the line. That place did me a lot of good.