The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2002, 07:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Time makes us forget how fast life changes. Lisa was hit in her car yesterday - not her fault - - totaled the car, both airbags went off, drivers side doors crushed closed , smoke coming from the engine she was pulled from the car by strangers who told her " you are alive ! lay still " She is home now - looks like she did 12 rounds with Mike Tyson and she is in a lot of pain but as the strangers said - you are alive. I am not as strong as some here - if either of my daughters were killed I would go insane. We are all alive now - lets not hord the love , respect and joy we have for our family and friends. Let's remember what we learned 30 something years ago - the next breath is just a promise - all we got is now. Welcome home brothers. Love you more little LT !
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2002, 08:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Sorry to hear your child is hurt.

When my kids were growing up, I had a rule "Don't do anything to hurt you". Covers a lot doesn't it?

Also gave us something to smile about when they got hurt anyway and it wasn't their fault.

Hope she heals quickly. Hug her gently.

Joy
Old 08-14-2002, 08:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default GLAD TO HEAR SHE IS SAFE...

...???WHAT KIND OF CAR WAS SHE RIDING IN???
...I hope those were "Mike's" last 12 rounds as he hasn't done that well...
...send best wishes, and a hug( easy one)...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-14-2002, 10:51 AM

DMZ-LT;

I know the feeling I got to gal's too. One is 30 and the other 25 with one Grand-Daughter. When something happens to either of them (wife included) I kinda go nuts. First of all if their in pain I can't take it away or make it go away.

My youngest daughter was in a car wreck like yours and I almost lost it. I wanted to kill the guy she was with because of his reckless driving.

When its your family you can't always keep your cool. Yes Sir I can relate to all of the things you went through. One good thing is that kids bounce back pretty good. Us older dogs well we have to lick our wounds abit longer if you know what I mean.

I hope your Daughter gets well soon. I'm sure she's learned something from this incident. I always ask my kids that - Did you lean anything from what just happened? They say yes Dad and go out and forget it ever happened - Oh well.

Take care get your rest.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-14-2002, 11:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default ...3 questions...

...I ask my Daughter to ask herself...

...will I get hurt ???

...will anyone else get hurt ???

...will I get in trouble ???

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-14-2002, 11:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post It sure get to you when your kids are hurt.

My son was almost killed in July of 1994 when a lady ran a stop sign and hit the motorcycle on which he was a passenger. It took four years and six major surgeries to get him back going again. When something happens to our kids and we aren't there it really bothers us.

You tell Lisa we'll be praying for her and her family.

God Bless.

Keith
Old 08-14-2002, 11:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

now it appears that fathers may be for the healing of daughters: take care of yourself and family, John --- enuff for this year.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Before I go back to my nom de plumme (Johnny One Time), I'd like to see that via our e-mails and the family posts here, participated in with your girls, or just by the statements you have made, John. I could be wrong but I sense a very passionate family --- strong emotions for one another, for better and worse, I think: you sound like a man with strong feelings, as much as courage --- and always, it seems, by what little we know, there is that commitment to your family, and they to you. You keep it that way, no matter what: time is in fact moving mighty fast --- much faster than those days when an afternoon could seem like a week.

It all has to do with that very tough earthly lesson of "Unconditional Love" --- God Damn tough thing to do. But, I think you are on that path, whether you want it that way or not: faster than most.

I am honored that you and your family have two of my sketched hanging up in your home in Georgia --- odd, my stuff 3,000 miles away.

Unconditional Love --- I had foster parents at the age of 15, and that fact speaks to the kind of extremes that I grew up in. Now, my older and somewhat famous brother and our younger brother, have not really seen my/their mother in ages, and ages. And, for decades my older brother just treated her like crap, and his Older Brother status influence the rest of us to do so, to a degree --- "crazy old lady" (Mo). Well, she screwed up alot, but some of that had to do with being a poor Chicana in a family that was hit hard by The Depression, and that made the flow of that once beautiful young girl set. Whether I am ready to assume the emotional and financial burden of caring, someday, for an ageing mother (dying soon, really). I will do so, and perhaps call her "mom" someday, and not "Mo" (crazy old Original Mo). When here last breaths appear on her chest --- I am going to be as tender as possible, and address the once young lady of beauty and intelligence, and insight.

Uncondional Love --- it can be a bitch. Well, gottsta gwang and get ready for a swim with the kid, and then cook the nights chop: get up a 3:30 for more Bull Shit --- Shaka Zula, Witchess --- she could win my trust if only she apologized, and there is the condition.

Johnny One Time
Old 08-14-2002, 05:28 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Lt tell her she is loved...gentle hug to you all...had to scare you to death..those words "your alive" "she's going to be ok" had to be the sweetest you all have heard in a long long time...and know they are soundin' real sweet to her big sis right now..

pm your address to me please so I can send her a card...
Old 08-14-2002, 05:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Smile Lil' LT- still here

I just wanted to say thank you to my daddy 1st for loving me and being not only my dad, but my friend! Keith- THANK YOU for your prayers, Andy, for the kind words, Beau, for always helping- It was an HONOR to get your art framed and have them hanging in the Hager household! Sid- you know I love you, and sis- I can't belive I made it through alive yesturday- But I DID!!! I know your prayers that you take the time everyday to make for me is a part of the reason I'm here! So, THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! I think I'll just keep on movin', but right now it's a slow move -I hurt like a mother f'er!!! Love you all- little Lt.