The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2002, 07:52 AM

Andy,

My brother died from Agent Orange. Ate him up from the inside out. Lost him about 5 years ago.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2002, 08:06 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Sorry boats

about your brother, the Iron Triangle and war zone C areas were some of the heaviest sprayed areas in VN. It is a shame that now we have to fight our own government for care and treatment because we stood up and fought for them years ago when others ran.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Mushroom

OK, I got all muddy in the mushroom and ate some dust there too. I'd heard of the Top Hat, we just called it the horseshoe. Those guys with their Rome Plows, yes, I remember the circular sanders or grinders sharpening the blade every day before they would start out into the woods. And yes, even with the engineers and the Agent Orange that area just kept growing back. That low 5 ft. ultra thick bush was probably worst that the original growth of bush mixed with trees. It seemed to make for close fighting.

Boats: Really sorry to hear about your Bro. I still think, at least on a tactical level, the use of AO was well intentioned. Course we all know what the road to hell is paved with.

Stay healthy - Griz, that means YOU!
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote