The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2002, 12:32 PM

Unhappy My poor 401K took another hit!

Hey guys DOW is down 300 points again. When will this blood letting quit!!!! I have to work another three years and hope it doesn't fall any more or I'll be a Wal Mart greet'er a lot sooner than I'd like.

I don't know why it is but it seems like the whole system tanking!! If it isn't the dot coms its the airlines if its not them its the steel and so forth and so forth.

Save your in a money market yea right at 1.8% it would take 10 years to get back what we all lost. What's wrong with this whole picture???

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2002, 01:18 PM

Default It's a term the professors

like to sprout starting in the 70's called situtional[sp] ethics. No right and wrong, no absolutes, no moral base line to guide your actions from. From the S&L's of the 80's to today who's running these companies? Graduates of the 60's raised professors. It's no wonder there an atmosphere of moral laxity in our educated classes[some not all] it was engrained when they were young and impressional. If you think I'm wrong look at the teacher who flunked most of her class for Plagerism by copying off the Web. They [the school board] changed the grades and the teacher quit. Her reason I walked into the class and the students were saying "We don't have to listen to you, you have no power over us." Oh yeah, it was the student's parents raising the hell that got the grades changed. What lesson did they teach their children that day? :cl:
Old 09-03-2002, 01:47 PM

I'm also grateful that our Government didn't dump our SS into this madness. We've got one guy ready to jump off the building he's so down!!

I am sitting tight and grinding my teeth in hopes this nightmare will somewhat correct itself in the near future. Last I heard that 1 out of 3 will be unemployed and that statistic has the ulcer kicking in.

Give me the quite life of the 50's - The 60's we know about - the 70's were quick the 80's more stable the 90's a blurr and 2000+ seems like the bottom fell out.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote