The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > International > Terrorism

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2021, 05:22 AM

Unhappy Taliban Abducted, Decapitated Member Of Afghan Women's Volleyball Team: Report

Taliban Abducted, Decapitated Member Of Afghan Women's Volleyball Team: Report
By: Elle Yap of the Latin Times News - 10-20-21
Re: https://www.latintimes.com/taliban-a...-report-490992

Photo link: https://images.latintimes.com/sites/...w-unsplash.jpg
As the star athlete of a women's volleyball team is beheaded, women in Afghanistan find that the Taliban are refusing to uphold the human rights of women. This is a representational image. Mohamed Nohassi/Unsplash.

A female volleyball player in Afghanistan was reportedly beheaded in early October by the Taliban in Kabul as the newly-installed government continues its repressive policies towards women in the country.

Mahjubin Hakimi, a player for the Kabul Municipality Volleyball Club, was the youth club’s star player before the Taliban takeover in August 2021. But as photographs of her disembodied head and neck spread across social media, Suraya Afzali, one of her coaches, confirms that she had been abducted and decapitated by the Taliban, according to India Today.

“All the players of the volleyball team and the rest of the women athletes are in a bad situation and in despair and fear,” Afzali said. “Everyone has been forced to flee and live underground.”

The Taliban has targeted female athletes as they continue to search for the women who competed in competitions domestically and abroad. Only two members of Afghanistan’s national volleyball team were able to leave the country during the August evacuations, the India Times reported.

Despite a promise to uphold the rights of women in the country, the Taliban continues to partake in policies that are repressive to women, including one that keeps women from returning to secondary school. Many women fear that this is only the beginning, al-Jazeera reported.

“The streets of Afghanistan are no longer a safe place for women. The resistance is a path to light. But what if women’s resistance to the Taliban will be met with whips and guns?” women’s rights activist Homeira Qaderi said.

“I’m afraid that from now on, the girls will be stuck at home, while boys continue their education. I look in the mirror and [realize] that all my plans are a distant dream. I feel like I am slowly dying,” Meena Naeemi, a Master’s student in the country, said.

As the focus on the Taliban shifts to its moves towards legitimacy and international relations, women fear that their voices and needs will not be heard as their rights are slowly taken away.

“Violence against women is systematic in the [behavior] of the Taliban government. If the Taliban do not use violence against women, they will lose their identity,” Qaderi said. “I hope the world does not turn its back on Afghan women again.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: This is the most disgusting post I've ever seen of late. We all
have known that women have suffered terrible things in these Muslim sec's
and its got to stop.
-
How much more can these women tolerate such abuses! These Taliban men
- don't deserve nor even care - as long as they live they will exercise their religious
zealous code against these women with such brutality of which is totally inhumane.
That religion is sick & perverted and all those who exercise that right on women
- should be totally eliminated from this earth.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links