The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2005, 05:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Border Fence - Symbolism Or True Deterrent?

Congressman Duncan Hunter (52nd District - California) is probably one of the biggest supporters of an International Border fence, stretching some 2000 miles, all the way from Brownsville, Texas to San Diego, California. But this too, like the Minutemen Project and a Border Police Force, is being opposed by people who may harbor "Split National Loyalties!"

Now I am not going to say that I have always agreed with Congressman Hunter, a gentleman that I have known for some time. But at least he recognizes the fact that something has to be done to curtail the flood of illegal immigration. A mounting deluge of bodies that threatens to drown our economy, plow under our social service system, and possibly even deplete most other precious resources as well!

Although I can genuinely sympathize with anyone who is eternally downtrodden, one must also appreciate the fact that generosity and compassion, if not tempered, can also consume the host!

And as far as this proposed border fence (The Great Wall of the United States) is concerned, if it works, I say great! But unfortunately, no wall that has ever been errected has succeeded in stemming the flow of the really determined! And when a few within the governments on both sides of the International Line continue to treat illegals like alien patriots who seek to escape poverty, rather than individuals who are breaking our laws, then this becomes a race that we could eventually lose!

"There is after all, no such thing as a tie game, when the loss of control over one's borders is added to the final score!"

VERITAS (Truth)
Old 11-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Robert J Ryan

It is not a deterent it is just a symbol. If the United States gets smarts and prosecutes the people trying to get the US illegally maybe some of it will slow down.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Robert- I have often wondered just what it will take to stop this illegal deluge. I believe that if these people do not respect our borders, they do not respect us or our laws! It is apparent from what I have read that, many of them do not even respect themselves (opinion)!!

VERITAS
Old 11-03-2005, 08:49 AM

I feel our Mr. Ryan is correct. It will not prevent the end results. The issues are why are they leaving? They've been leaving for decades but why now is it so much more prevalent? Is Mexico that bad that they don't want to stay there?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:12 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

BOATS et al-

"Any fence, even a fence of 2000 miles, is akin to a lock on a flimsy door. Both exist merely to keep honest people honest!!"

RICK
Old 11-03-2005, 03:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Mount Claymores every 50 feet pointed toward mexico with movement sensors and a crew of 200 border guards to replace the charges when needed they could each easlily cover 10 miles of border and be responcible for thier chunk of america . then do the same on the Canadian Border.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Sn-e3 et al -

Unfortunately, if one even hinted at anything like this around here, half the population would be screaming bloody murder and bigotry! Also, Vicente Fox would be threatening to sue half the United States - the half that he isn't planing to annex that is!

"Yet another opinion!"
Old 11-03-2005, 05:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Let them scream I don't speak mexican so I wouldn'nt unstand anyway any whats with all the Mexican resturants taking over the small town mom and pop joints Bring back the greasy spoon.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy

sn-e3-

My old man use to own one of those greasy spoons back on the New Bedford Highway, away back in the mid-50s.

I have eaten at many Mexican Restaurants, all over the far west, but I remember one in particular in Northern Mexico. I would have sworn that Mexican food was fattening. This particular restaurant (in Tijuana) however, had food that did just the opposite. We all lost several pounds eating there, and with but a single meal at that!

Two of our group threw-up for an hour straight, and the other two (including me) developed the drizzlings! I guess that will teach us for eating chimichongas that go "MEOW" when you stick a fork in them!!

VERITAS
Old 11-04-2005, 11:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

As an American Citizen having only allegiance to America and no other country (even macaroni growing Italy of my roots), I have to go along with Sn-E3.

Plus Rick, and as frugal (used to be called: "Cheap") a taxpayer as I am, I must believe that one time Claymores every 50 yards would be much more economical FOR US (the payers for everything),...than what would have been my suggestion of same 2,000 mile fence being perpetually and quite lethally high voltage electrified. Naturally, one assumes that price-gougings on Claymores don't also exist in America?

Whatever? "Different strokes (or kills) for different folks", and/or whatever works for keeping currently under siege America from being overrun by MANY foreigners,...and no doubt even by MANY defenseless men, women and children (babies also) infidel mass-murdering terrorists.

Our pretty-much non-existant or politically dictated Border Control SUCKS and has SUCKED for about 30 years. Therefore, and no matter which political rulers develope a set of balls to do what needs doing, it will be too little - too late and/or much like: "Closing barn door after horses...".

Besides, "We The (Schnooks)" are perpetually being BS'd from all venues, regarding that: "10-11 Million Criminally Illegal Alien Invasion". I believe all news sources currently are trying to keep: "We The Natives from getting restless", by continually echoing each other with such an absurd: "10-11 Million" figure, in 2005.

In 2005, CONSERVATIVELY (logically, sensibly and mathematically also) it could be guesstimated that there are currently at minimum 30-40 Million Illegals throughout the entire USA,...IF HONEST(?).

I remember hearing about a: "10-11 Million Criminally Illegal Alien Invasion",...ABOUT 30 YEARS AGO. Plus, and since in about 30 years no one ever gets deported form America, such raises the serious question of: JUST WHOM-THE-HELL CAN BE BELIEVED in America? Think such a fair question?

Neil

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote