Old 04-26-2002, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default saturday night

sn-e3

Registered to :Aug 26, 2001
Posted 24-02-2002 at 00:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It used to be i would stay up all saturday night and party now i just stay up and check the net once in a while how you guys how do you spend saturday nights?
-----------------
If your not living on the edge, Your taking up to much space

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile Email Qoute
sfc_darrel

Registered to :Jan 19, 2002
Posted 24-02-2002 at 00:56
Same
-----------------
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. Robert Heinlein

Profile Qoute
arrow

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 24-02-2002 at 04:13
Hey Chris I saw you put this under Vet concerns. Could it be that our Saturday nights are in need of some therapy.

Ok I'll start. Hi my name is arrow. I am addicted to the internet. It's three in the morning and I am typing words into a little square box to people that live thousands of miles away. I am exhausted and I won't go to sleep. I am not on drugs. I am not doing speed. No this is much much much worse.

If you have a cure for me please send to www.patriotfile.com. I have insurance but I am not sure it covers internet addiction. Would you take me on a sliding scale? According to income.

Thank you for inviting me to the meeting tonight Chris. I am sure there is some help out there somewhere. arrow

Profile Qoute
sfc_darrel

Registered to :Jan 19, 2002
Posted 24-02-2002 at 11:05
Arrow,
I don't think a therapy group will help us because we are already a therapy group.
We have friends and family that, hopefully, we can talk to that understand who we are but nowhere in the world are there more people that really do understand us than us here.
We can post for help.
We can post our hopes and fears
We can post information that is important in the hope that it helps others.
Any time, day or night, from anywhere.
With more understanding and less judgement than anywhere else I know of because we've been there, done that and survived.
Helping each other is what we do best.
I got a hug from a woman I had never met before, retired Coast Guard, on Valentines Day.
We take care of each other.
Hugs
Joy

-----------------
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. Robert Heinlein

Profile Qoute
catman

Registered to :Sep 02, 2001
From lum city, wi
Posted 24-02-2002 at 11:17
was terribly addicted myself until the wonderous VA stuck me on all the meds for PTSD. Now before my wife goes to bed she lays my pills out and tells me to take them before 2300 hrs. so usually i am fast asleep by 2330. I guess that's the way VA cures us, keep us doped up and dizzy!
-----------------
Godspeed and keep low!

Profile Email www Qoute
Keith_Hixson

Registered to :Aug 23, 2001
Posted 24-02-2002 at 13:12
Been fighting the flu, so last night I spent in bed with aching joints and bones. Feeling much better today. My wife wouldn't even let me go to church today. Still a little sick. Saturday Night was no fun for me.

I usually stay home and get ready for Sundays. Saturday is the most boring night of the week for me the last 30 years.

Keith

Profile Email Qoute
catena

Registered to :Feb 06, 2002
Posted 27-02-2002 at 22:03
sighs does this mean i am addicted too..
i do one of two things on a saturday nite..
i either work.. icky..
or i sit at home on the comp..and talk to friends that i have never met before but are like the best friends i have ever had.
hmmm 30 isn't that much fun on saturdaynite either ppl..
love ya all
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina Catena

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links