The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2006, 04:57 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Rep. William Jefferson

In a career knotted with family ties, Rep. William Jefferson has long been hounded by ethics questions.

Sunday, November 19, 2006
By Gordon Russell
Two weeks ago, when U.S. Rep. William Jefferson ran first in a field of 13 candidates but was forced into a runoff for the first time since his 1990 election, he spoke directly about the cloud hanging over his campaign: a sprawling federal probe into whether the congressman accepted bribes.

This guy was caught with $90,000. in his freeze, the money was 'Marked' FBI money.
I think it would be great if Jefferson was reelected by the New Orleans area voters, This would be just more evidence that the 'Black Voter' has no moral values, i'e' Mayor of Washington DC.

He will most likely be indited after the first of the year, and if he is elected that will sure look good for us Democrats.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2006, 08:03 AM

That does raise a lot of eyebrows "what a congressman was doing with $90,000 in his freezer" and another question could be asked "why the Justice Department hasn't brought any charges against Jefferson as of today ? what is the JD waiting for ?

He won't get my vote today because I'm voting for his opponent Karen Carter. I never believe a politician should stay in office for 20, 30 or more years. Let them do their 8 or so years and move on with their life.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Add Alcee Hastings, Democrat - Florida, to their list of pariahs. He was a federal judge, appointed by a Democrat president, and later impeached and covicted by a Democrat -controlled Congress. Yet his congressional district keeps re-electing him. Local geniuses. Yep. Sure looks good for you Democrats .

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-09-2006, 09:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

All n? all, perhaps converting a wing or floor of the Capital building into a Federal prison annex is the way to go. That way Rep. commute time and expense is slashed, not to mention housing and meal costs plus other ancillary taxpayer funded costs like maintaining covert nookie vendors.

And then, the ever spiraling costs of congressional self-medication could be consolidated and placed under the GAO for open competitive bid purposes. Problem is that the annex would have to be bigger than the Capitol building and that would be a bit of an embarrassment, but perhaps more bipartisen in nature; birds of a feather and all that.

Scamp

And by the way, I already have my ?Free Willy? T-shirt in the drawer so I?m good to go once the opening volley is out. The original T-shirt Willy is an Orca, but details, eh.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

It's because he's black that he is going to be indited. thats it. Theres no evidence, sep for the marked money, and the video and the statements and the recordings and the paper trail. but that was all a set up cause he's black. The white man is just trying to keep the brother down.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Lets keep things real

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g In a career knotted with family ties, Rep. William Jefferson has long been hounded by ethics questions.

By Gordon Russell
Two weeks ago, when U.S. Rep. William Jefferson ran first in a field of 13 candidates but was forced into a runoff for the first time since his 1990 election, he spoke directly about the cloud hanging over his campaign: a sprawling federal probe into whether the congressman accepted bribes.

This guy was caught with $90,000. in his freeze, the money was 'Marked' FBI money.
I think it would be great if Jefferson was reelected by the New Orleans area voters, This would be just more evidence that the 'Black Voter' has no moral values, i'e' Mayor of Washington DC.

He will most likely be indited after the first of the year, and if he is elected that will sure look good for us Democrats.
Ron
Ah Ron
Why concentrate on someone who hasn't been legally even accused of a crime when we have so much more to look at from the late Republican do nothing rubber stamp Congress (good riddance)
We don't have so many Republicans to kick around any more, do we, now that Duke Cuningham and Bob Ney resigned in disgrace and are either in jail (Cunningham) or about to go to jail (Ney) after having confessed to selling their votes for money, rolls royces, yachts, trips to Scotland on Abramoff's creditr card and free meals at Abramoff's restaurant.
Two Republican Congressmen already going to jail--and the Congress only ends this month.
And what about Delay? forced to resign his leadership post and then cut and run away from the election after being named by Abramoff as "Congresman #2." We're waiting for the trial to begin --he sure didn't want a speedy one, did he? Anyway, ther's a Democrat in his space now, once again proving there IS a God--and maybe, just maybe she likes America.
Lets not forget Boehner either, he was a pal of Abramoff's also.

This is why the Republicans desperately have to try and focus on Democratic perfidy--theyre about to get a sunami of subpoenas that will turn over all their rocks and watch the Repbilcan roaches scurry away!! You won't be reading any more about Democratic perfidy for a while, a long while when Congress starts up, its all going to be ab0ut Republicans. Consider this the calm before the storm.

but WHOAAA--the scandal's still continuing. Looks like Republicans covered up for a real pervert--the evidence is clear even if the Delay packed committee didn't want to preferr charges. Its a shame that a party that started out with LIncoln walking 7 miles to return a few cents change should wind up to be the party of Mark Foley crashing the pages barracks to play a little touchiefeelie.

Interesting editorial in The NY Times today--all about Republican perversion and coverup.

Editorial
Desperately Seeking Ethics

Published: December 9, 2006
Watching our elected leaders in action, it?s not surprising that Americans wonder if there is any limit to the crass misbehavior that members of Congress are willing to tolerate from their colleagues to protect their privileges and hold on to their own jobs. The House ethics committee answered that question yesterday with a resounding ?No.?

Sixty-four days after it promised to find out who knew about Representative Mark Foley?s wildly inappropriate, sexually predatory behavior with teenage House pages, and why they failed to stop it, the bipartisan committee produced a report yesterday that was a 91-page exercise in cowardice.

The report?s authors were clearly more concerned about protecting the members of the House than the young men and women under their charge in the page program. And they made absolutely no effort to define the high standard of behavior that should be required of all members of Congress and their staffs.

The report concludes that evidence of Mr. Foley?s ?creepy? interest in young male pages dated back to 1999. One woman who worked with the pages took to shadowing Mr. Foley when he was around them. The report makes clear that Mr. Foley?s misconduct became known to an ever-widening circle of his colleagues and their aides, including Speaker Dennis Hastert. But no one made any serious attempt to stop Mr. Foley or reveal his misdeeds. A few urged him to cut it out, for political reasons, but did not follow up.

The committee concluded that other people preferred to remain willfully ignorant ? to protect Mr. Foley?s secret homosexuality, to avoid partisan embarrassment or for other political reasons.

But even after all that, the report said that none of this amounted to the sort of behavior that might discredit the House of Representatives and thus violate ethics rules. The committee, which never heard from Mr. Foley, did not call for disciplinary action against current members of the House or their staffs. The committee said those who have already left, like Mr. Foley, were no longer its problem.

The panel?s justification for inaction is a breathtaking exercise in sophistry: ?the requirement that House members and staff act at all times in a manner that reflects creditably on the House does not mean that every error in judgment or failure to exercise greater oversight or diligence? is a violation.

No, not every error or failure should be a violation, but certainly the ones that lead to an elected official?s sexually stalking teenage boys while his colleagues turn a blind eye or cover it up should be. We?d set the bar at least there. Apparently, it?s too high for the House. "

They mean the Republican House.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And speaking of indictments, where is the one for Mark Foley? Fact of the matter is, he did nothing, at least that we know of, that was an indictable offense. For whatever type of scumbag he is, at least he had the decency to resign his seat immediately. As for William Jefferson, (Democrat ), and Alcee Hastings, (Democrat ), they not only keep their legislative positions, but want more important assignments.

Don't worry - James - the indictments for Jefferson will happen soon enough, but gosh, just like ron said, despite all the evidence, all the paper trail, the video, the marked money, and the tape recordings - he'll probably miss the opportunity to do the right thing, and resign, thereby saving us taxpayers some more money.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-11-2006, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Rep. William Jefferson

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g In a career knotted with family ties, Rep. William Jefferson has long been hounded by ethics questions.

By Gordon Russell

Ron
Wait a minute! Isn't he a democrat?
Old 12-12-2006, 06:57 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Democratic Incumbent William Jefferson Wins House Runoff Election Despite Federal Bribery Probe

I wonder who will take his spot when he's making little rocks out of big rocks.

The story
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,235717,00.html
Old 12-12-2006, 08:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well, its all very intesting

You know Ron, now that youre a democrat you have to concentrate more on Republican scandals. Take this Mark Foley thing.
Looks like Foley and all are going to get away scott free this time. A Congressman drunkenly trying to crash the pages quarters? Cruising the internet for some more touchiefeelie? No problemo for Republicans with that, is there? Well sometimes bad men get away with bad things, OJ's still walking around free,so''s henry Kissinger
Its not about what Foley did as much as what the top Republican leadership did which is play Hide The Pervert to insure the votes. We don't see Fat Bastard Hasterd around any more, do we? No, ol' Lardass Hass cut and ran out of the leadership, just like Delay did when confronted by his own misdeeds. the evidence showed that he and others in the Republican leadership did nothing at all when confronted by a major problem, they tried to ignore it and sweep it under the rug.
Whats really interesting is the role homosexuality plays in the Republican Party--theyre antigay but evidently their staffs are chock full of gays. Some interesting psycology there, maybe involving whips and chains

The fact is that Jefferson hasn't been indicted yet and may not be so I'll just leave my judgement untill he is. One thing for sure--the people in his district elected him again--take it up with them. Why even worry about that when we have so much to look at for Republican scandal right now? The Republicans are desperately looking for another subject to talk about once the investigations from the new Democratic Congress (gosh it sounds great to say that) get started. Its all going to be all about them, very soon.
Delay sure has been indicted and we're eagerly awaiting his trial--there's really no doubt he played some real fast and loose with Texas laws (interesting that no corporate donations thing)
And he was so far into Abramoff and vice versa--this will be REAL fun to look at, the blinders are coming off the iinvestigations.
Start studying up on Abramofff, Ron, THIS will be the thing to look at in the next few months. With over 400 contacts inside the Bush White House including Rove, Mehlman and others we're going to have fun time looking at all this.

Here's some pertinent emails from Abramoff and others back and forth. http://www.democraticunderground.com...pic_id=2799625 I see indictments here for Rove, Ralston, Mehlman and others. Abramoff was running his own rackets with people inside the White HOuse like David Safavian, Susan Ralstion and Ken mehlman and others and some of Delay's old staff like Scanlon.
Delay was Abramoff's main man in Congress with Bob Ney and many of the other Republicans and like Ney, soon will see the inside of a federal jug.
They like to think this one is over but its just starting.

hey Ron!! Did you know that george Bush was the only president suspended from both flying AND driving??
here's the flight suspension: http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/grounded.gif
here's the driver's suspension: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/bushdmv1.html
How lame can you get--and did you know he was discharged completely unquaified to do ANYTHING in the military? Not even paint rocks white? Read it yourself right off his "honorable" discharge: http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/ANG22.gif Qualifications: NONE (their capitals, not mine)
And did I mention that Cheney shot a man wearing a BRIGHT ORANGE VEST AND HAT at less than 100'? You know I always love mentioning it

the next 2 years are going to be a lot more interesting than the last 2, take that to el banco
Stay good, Ron
james