The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2002, 05:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Best Friends

Have wanted a 410 pump shotgun for a long time. Sunday my best friend Sid ( pho127) called and said a gun show was in town so lets go check it out. Soon as we walked in there was the prettiest 410 I had ever seen and the price was right. Waited till Sharon went to bed and snuck it into the house. Last night I told her I bought another gun. Just what we needed she says another @@#$@ gun. Sid made you buy that didn't he !! I admitted he did. Man I love having a best friend .
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2002, 05:32 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default A friend

will help you kill somebody, a real friend will help you hide the body.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:34 AM

The 48 hour or the "you had your chance" rule. New aquisitions are subject to this rule. If the wife or significant other doesn't notice in the first 48 hours, she has missed the window and you are home free. You can then make up any story you like to escape the feminine wrath. Such as "this old thing? It's been in the garage since July."
Old 12-17-2002, 05:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I agree drywall and I could have made it but it is so pretty I wanted to hold it and take it apart - a lot. So I fessed up the next day and got to walk around the house with it. Thank goodness for best friends that make me do this stuff. " I swear baby he had a gun on me or I never would have done this "
Old 12-17-2002, 06:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

DMZ, a man can never have too many guns, tools or friends. I think I finally convinced my wife to this theory. I like to buy old Mausers and refinish the stocks and reblue all the metal. I have at least two that I am working on at all times. Gun safes in every corner of the house.

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 12-17-2002, 08:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink

I agree catman. Have a loaded handgun in every room of the house - I just don't ever want to die for lack of shooting back.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:53 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Catman

Was just looking at your profile, are you a member of VHA? I am a high power shooter also. have a .223 and 25-06. Where is Plum City? My wife is from Manitowoc and we get up that way sometimes. Also, I noticed that you were quite knowledgeable on Artillery, I was a FA officer, OCS, Ft. Sill Class 7-67.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Well as sad as it is to say, i grew up in Lawton. Dad was retired artillery. He was Veitnam vet 67 - 68 with HHB and C Btry 6/27 FA, not completely sure of his location in country. When I turned 17 I joined and went through basic and AIT at Ft SIll. That was a real bitch being able to see my home and not go there. I was trained in as a 13M, MLRS -Multiply Launch Rocket System (Steel Rain) and had a secondary MOS as a 13B, Cannon crewmember. Entered service on May 23 1987 and was medically retired on 10 Jan 1997. Still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

Plum City is in West Central Wisconsin, about 30 south of Eau Claire or and hour south east of the Twin Cities. I think you the place you go to is over by Green Bay? About 4 hours from here.

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 12-18-2002, 05:45 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Lawton,

I was raised in Idabel, OK. Way over in the SE corner of the state in the Ozark Mtns. Manitwoc is about 40 or 50 miles south of Green Bay. The next time I head that way maybe we can get together and do some Varmint Shooting. And don't worry, I haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up either. The 6/27th was a 8inch/175 unit and was at Quan Loi when I was there with SOG. Have fired them many times. Don't know if it was C Battery or not
Old 12-18-2002, 05:50 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Is Quan Loi in the Mekong Delta? I remember him talking about the delta and once in a while he would mention going up north.

Godspeed and keep low!