Old 03-25-2004, 12:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

BOATS -

"Amen, in stereo!!"

VERITAS
Old 03-25-2004, 01:05 PM

Sure all of the above. Jet fuel for sure, asbestos and weapons all have things in them to take you out for the count. Some are quick and others it takes twenty or so years before the signs show up.

VN case in point - Agent Orange to those of us who handled or were exposed have some of it in our systems - mine tested positive - but its still within margin.

AVGAS and JP fuels have also impacted our systems as well as sleeping in the olds ships and waking up each morning with a fresh dusting of asbestos that was breathed in all night (or day depending on your shift) and no doubt has added many complications to many sailors over the years its been used.

Its hind site but they are working on it. Chemical warfare is the scariest and I too fear for our troops but they will no doubt suffer some of the consequences from being exposed to chemicals agents as we all do at some time in our lives.

Can't worry about it now its too late for me but the if we learn from our mistakes like 9.11 maybe the next generation(s) won't have to encounter these types of problems.

We don't want to become hypochondriac's (spell checker that was good?) and when we are young nothing will get us (at least thats what we feel and think). Uncle Sam tries his very best to protect his own and we know that.

There are some exceptions to the rules but those are very rare and many taken out of text or misconstrued to mean something else.

We here in US have seen our country grow in leaps and bounds and we are still the best nation in the world. We have some things to fix and others to modify but we are doing our very best of this I'm sure.

But watch those chemical companies they need to be put under a close leash. Too much experimental agents have been put into mass production without really doing a good job of knowing what some of the side affects are. Some take a long time such as those mentioned above. The concept of making money does at times cost humans their lives - prematurely - this is not good.

All and all we are doing our best with the tools we have. We each struggle each day hoping to make a quick killing in the stock market or hit the lotto.

I've become a character in a world that is bigger than I and I will pass into oblivion without blinking and eye. My fore-fathers and mothers (lets not leave them out) had it far worse than me - and we wiped out the Indian's at wounded knee.

Life is so short enjoy what can have fun when your young because its gone most of the time before you begun!!!

God Bless

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:08 PM

Default And Agent orange was mixed with jet fuel

.... and jet fuel may have that chemical I worry about

Maybe you are among the 'gulf war syndrome' vet group, too

What's going on with your blood? Too many immature red blood cells? Are red blood cells too small

Thanks for the stereo ... sounds better that way!
Old 03-25-2004, 02:27 PM

Sorry Maggie I'm 58 and a VN vet. Mine was from a long time ago and plenty of exposure. Blood values are everwhere. But the VA has everything under control for now.

I don't ask for all the details I don't really want to know. Got bladder cancer about 7 years ago had the tumor removed and got 6 weeks of chemo - so far so good.

Who knows what I've been into its too late to change any of the results so I won't dwell on it. It does you no good. Just make the best of each day and tell your kids you love'm.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 03-25-2004, 02:56 PM

Default Bladder cancer ... reminds me of

When you say bladder cancer, that reminds me of what a urologist said to a lady last year... he had been around a long time, and he said that every one who worked at a particular job at the Alyeska Pipeline Terminal (sorry can't remember which job) came down with bladder cancer.

Now, this is why these things ARE important.

We can help the future.

We can see the patterns and learn what is causing harm ...

& STOP IT FROM HAPPENING TO OTHERS even to babies

& that's my goal
Old 03-25-2004, 03:02 PM

Well Maggie - that's what life is all about. Doing good for other's will guarantee you seat in heaven.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 03-25-2004, 06:50 PM

Default See you there, dear one

Thanks for the kind thoughts

See you there?!

This was a very meaningful film - not over done; not underdone; not accusing anyone -
He gave His Life

If you can see it this Easter season, you will be glad you did. If I had the say so, I'd take all the grandchildren ages 6 & up, too. My goodness they repeatedly watch JAWS nowadays like we used to hope to see Cinderella once