The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2004, 11:02 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Down To The Wire - A Must Read!!!!

A member of Congress has vowed to introduce a Purple Heart Bill before that body around mid-April. As I have said numerous times in the past, this Bill would grant a posthumous Purple Heart Medal to those who died in Prisoner of War Captivity!

Many a gallant American has met his (or her) death after being captured. Some were shot attempting to escape, others were starved, frozen and tortured to death by a ruthless and un-Godly enemy!

Unfortunately for our collective honor, current regulations (Like the Army?s Regulation 600-8-22) have denied these men the recognition that they spent their existence to earn! In short, many of these valiant warriors, and quite a few of them have yet to return home, have been denied the Purple Heart, this I know for a fact!! The only question now is - "WHY??

One would think that the patriots of our grateful nation, including her heroic veterans, should not have to petition their elected representatives to act on this pressing matter? However, and unfortunately, many have ignored this issue and some have even opposed it?!

I would hope, however, that this pending Bill for the award of the Purple Heart will meet with unanimous passage! But have no doubts about it, I will personally see to it that all in power who may oppose this ?Debt of Honor?, are given the ongoing publicity that they will so richly deserve!!

Believe it or not, in my campaign to attempt to press for the passage of this Bill, although the overwhelming majority have supported the effort, there have been a scant few (notable names at that), who have opposed (or totally ignored) this crusade thus far!

After the fact, however, I can guarantee that the political position of these people will be listed (nationally) for all to see! This will allow, especially in this election year (and beyond), the people themselves to determine their own feelings on this matter. What do our elected representatives think of ?Our Beloved Nation?, and those who served, fought and died to preserve it!

Granted, many in power did themselves serve our nation in troubling times. But this service should (and must) be an ongoing commitment to all Americans.

?One?s past deeds, although a credit to themselves and our great nation, have to be re-affirmed daily, with actions and not merely vested words!?

As I said above, a great majority have already (verbally, and in writing), declared their devotion to our nation, as well as their support for the award of the Purple Heart to those who have given their last full measure of devotion, courage and dedication. ?Is it, therefore, too much to ask, for them to return the favor (at least in part) to those who gave their all for them and us all!??

?WE WILL NOT FORGET!!?

VERITAS
Old 03-28-2004, 02:41 PM

Count e in, I'll call Washington tomarrow. Least I can do in this situation.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 02:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Me too...
Old 03-28-2004, 03:21 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks guys, you are real patriotics!!!

VERITAS
Old 03-28-2004, 03:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default HC

pm me your recommended numbers to call that I can help with.
Brice

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-28-2004, 05:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Super Scout

Thanks for the offer!! Contact everybody and anybody whom you think can help in this cause - "From the White House on down!!" The media is also a good place to begin....

Thank You

VERITAS