The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2023, 09:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy Pentagon etc

1-20-2023
(Quote) On 18 January 2016, John Paul Jones sank the decommissioned guided-missile frigate Reuben James in a test of a new anti-surface warfare variant of the Raytheon Standard Missile 6 (SM-6), becoming the first ship to sink a ship with the new variant of the missile. John Paul Jones fired the missile on the U.S. Pacific Missile Range near Hawaii.[12] (Internet)

Gentlemen and Ladies of “The Pentagon”, etc;

I take monumental offense at “Our Great Nation” using named (retired U.S.) warships in terminal experiments as this enterprise demeans (opinion) the history and the gallantry, that was earned (in blood, sweat, bravado and service) by that vessel and the men and women who served upon her decks, both in peacetime and in combat!

It is therefore my opinion that if retired “United States Warships” are to be used (and destroyed), that these ships be re-designated instead and vaguely renamed before they are targeted and sunk by Our Navy in such a dishonorable and demeaning fashion [opinion] such as what was referenced above!

For example, instead of using an honorable name like “The John Paul Jones or Reuben James” in pre-sinking even nomenclature, why not just refer to them as FNV-1, FNV-2, FNV-3, (‘FNV’ as in Former Naval Vessel) etc?

It is my opinion that “NO Famous, Gallant and Heroic United States Ship of War” should ever be subjected to such an inglorious death as to have it used for target practice, blown to bits and then sunk in deep and cold waters! And granted, I am fully aware of the fact that these “Gallant and Heroic Warriors of The High Seas” have outlived their useful lives, but to just sink them or blow them apart like just so much flotsam, is a slap in the face and a blow to the honor of both “Our Nation” and men like “John Paul Jones, Farragut and the thousands of other men and women who served and even died upon their illustrious decks,” Do You Not Agree?

As such, I urge you to rethink your current practice of just using these heroic older naval vessels for just target practice and just sinking these ships, along with their history and their honor, into cold and watery graves! It is also my opinion that the blood of heroes permeates every square centimeter of these gallant ships’ decks and by merely utilizing them to “better our aim” or to dispose of their bulk in such a dishonorable fashion, can not and must not, be tolerated anymore!

And don’t give me any of this garbage about obsolescence, lack of space or even cost to maintain? Because in my book, and to my way of thinking, what you are doing with these honorable old and forgotten war ships is akin to digging-up the spirits of men and women like ‘John Paul Jones, George Washington and even Betsy Ross’ and then incinerating their remains and their memory, upon the altars and scrap-heaps of our gallant history?

“HOW SOON WE ALL FORGET!!”

Hardcore
Old 01-21-2023, 07:29 AM

Arrow It is what it is - the path looks dim

I have to agree with you HC - I'd rather not know - then hear of their demise - by our
own ships used as weapon target's. Why not just scrap them and reuse the metals
to make new ships with their namesake's being imprinted on the new ships of the sea.
-
What we bury and what we sink at sea is not a scrap yard.
-
Our waring heritage by our diplomats seems to mean little to them - it also
seems that way with those so called leaders in our government.
-
Of which many of them most likely never served or enlisted.
-
Recycle "if anything" - but to just toss them into the sea - or throw them out a
window - or used it for target practice - is not honorable to say the least.
-
We've become a throw away society of late. I'm a hordered of sorts (as my wife
say's to me) - But I just can't toss our memories - never have been able to do
that. Everyday I think think about the guys we lost and those with injuries
or handicaps. I guess we should be grateful - they didn't toss us out like
garbage (just yet!).
-
Who knows - the future may even remove cemetaries - or rather everyone
gets cremated and used as an additive for concrete because of population
and the lack of the land.
-
You just never know what the future holds and how well the book' s that
will be rewritten at that time - may not even bring up our past history and
sacrafices made by the millions - who came before them and served.
-
Hell we may even become fodder re-generated food stuffs and combined
with seawater (if any exist at that time)?
-
Life moves forward not backwards (yet). Hell this may only happen after
heavy dose's of a major nuclear exchange and heavy radioactivity.
-
Am I a doomsayer? I know it sounds like it - but our future looks pretty
grim all around the globe. We kill each other like cattle of late. Extreme
brutality is more extreme at times - and serenity is lacking in our human
culture.
-
Doomsayer's - well lets just say we can't really negate its presence of late.
But I'd hate to see how well tarot cards would read - in the near future.
-

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote