The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2004, 09:39 PM

Angry Ugh! No More Snow!

My poor flowers are now flattened! At least they only just started coming up and didn't actually try to open yet.

We are getting dumped on by Mamma Nature tonight!
At 4:00PM this afternoon we already had 4+ inches of snow and it is still falling!

Then I make the fatal mistake of watching the mean old weather channel, wrong thing to do!

90 degrees in Arizona???? What's up with that? We are freezing at 25+ (for our canada friends that's F not C )

I wonder how I can convince the stock holders that our company needs to open a branch in Arizona and only man it from October through April? Hmmmm, I'll have to think on that one.

Stay warm Nor'Eastern buds!
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2004, 06:23 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

It's 17 degrees here in Gardner, MA and we got 8" of snow last night and its still snowing! Thank God for that bottle of 12 year old scotch, otherwise I couldn't make it through the winter.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Old dependable,...

...light, and fluffy, the skiers love it,...

...It's a pain this late, and should go quickly, I don't mind as much as I have "old dependable", or "Betsy", don't know why I call her that, just one of those things that when you get an old truck, you name um,...

...I got Betsy in the fall of 94, poor, and ragged was she, Betsy was locked up by the mean old town highway dept. for years, since 78,... Betsy was abandoned to the side of the road, I think the truck that was towing her that far out probably died out there also, but I took her in for a small fee of $600.00, She knew she was destined to the old age iron home as I was her last chance, with a jump, she mustered to run for 30 seconds before she ran out of gas, but she cried, "my rods, and mains are not knocking,...

...she growned when I offered $450.00, and thought she'd seen her final blacktop, but I saw a flicker off the solenoid when I upped it to $500.00, Then the horn hummed when she heard me call for the flatbed, and she drifted off to sleep for the ride home,...

...It was a real rough first week as her box fell off as we hit the driveway, we took her load off, her fuel and brake lines long since scabbed away by father time, her plug snapped, and her filters were locked , all her needle bearings in her poor u-joints had long sailed away, but seeing that "diehard" was the shot in the arm she needed,...

... a new/ used carb, and some fresh juice, and lots of bloody knuckles, when she got better, I added a plow, an old fisher, but they like it as they talk about their younger days, she's been with me for 9 years now, and she lost a head gasket, and had to rebuild her tranny once, replace the front axles as I snapped them both,(I apoligized for weeks for that), But I must say, she helped me build this house, and as much as I thank her for helping, she thanks me by staying warm in my driveway,...

...I think it's time that I reward her this year, and pull her out, and give her a rebuild, she's got some serious front, and rear seal leakage, but does she run for an old goat, the stumps shudder as we pull close,,...

...she whooped that little pizzer of a storm last night, and she has that funny glow this morning,...

..."have a good day",...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 03-17-2004, 08:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Chris Mowed His Lawn

Chris Mowed His Lawn already. He lives in the Seattle Area.

Just thought I'd tell you all the spring is coming on Sunday.

Keith
Old 03-17-2004, 09:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

I was hopeing for a Green St. Patricks Day, this snow stuff has got to go! Yuck, a good 4 to 5 inches of the stuff, we lucked out they had been calling for a foot or more.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 03-17-2004, 10:21 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

We've got "white stuff" down here too. The Bradford Pears are in full bloom and the "baby's breath" bushes aren't far behind. Of course, somebody would have to bring up the down side. I had to start mowing in February.

Chilidog
Old 03-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Snow

Seen some in a cup once, had some grape juice on it.

Ron
Old 03-17-2004, 03:24 PM

DL,

What I hear on the tube, you are ready for 7 more inches of that stuff.

Down here areound the Dallas Tx area it is 81 right now and gonna get alot of rain, so you will be getting this wether before long.

DONT GET CABIN FEVER on us..........

enouogh........
Old 03-17-2004, 04:15 PM

Talked to my Sis this afternoon. She's with Dad in Tucson where it's 91 degrees again today, for crying out loud!

I keep looking at the plane fare and ticking off the dollars on my fingers. I could just about swing it. Well that is if I want to play PINBALL back and forth across the country. Rotten airlines. You just can't get there from here. One itinerary that I looked at had me changing planes FOUR times in one direction and three on the return.
See if you can follow this logic for a moment...
A plane leave Albany, NY lands in Pittsburgh (okay, that's normal) then flies to Charlotte, NC (now I'm starting to scratch my head) leaves there and goes to Chicago/Ohare (almost in the right direction, if your destination is CANADA) and then flies nearly due south to Houston before taking the final leg into Tucson.
The way back was almost as bad...Leave Tucson to Houston to Denver to Charlotte, then Albany, NY.

In sailing we call that tacking and its usually because the prevailing wind is off the bow. I am not a pachinko game and I have better things to do with my time than sit in a cramped cabin for 7-8 hours. I wonder when that transporter thingy will be ready for public use?

Okay, one saving grace about all this snow...the Easter Eggs are easier to find in a field of white!
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-17-2004, 04:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

How about flying out of Stewart, any better? Probably not. Guess you don't want to go down to NYC or Jersey? Don't blame you. Anything out of Boston direct? Catch a shuttle to Boston and then fly direct the rest of the way. Even a stop in Atlanta wouldn't be to bad at that point.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown