The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Iraqi Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2003, 07:33 AM

Post This freedom comes with a cost -

Oct. 29 ? BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Two U.S. soldiers were killed in an attack north of Baghdad late on Tuesday, the U.S. military said on Wednesday, taking the combat death toll among U.S. troops in Iraq since the war higher than the wartime total.
A spokesman for the U.S. Army's 4th Infantry Division said the two soldiers were killed and another was wounded when their vehicle hit a roadside bomb.

The deaths brought to 116 the number of U.S. troops killed in hostile action since Washington declared major combat operations over on May 1, compared to 115 U.S. combat deaths during the U.S.-led war, according to official figures.

The attack happened after dark on Tuesday around 120 km (75 miles) north of Baghdad.

Iraqi guerrillas opposed to the U.S.-led occupation attack U.S. forces daily, especially in the so-called "Sunni Triangle" north and west of Baghdad where deposed dictator Saddam Hussein has strong tribal ties.

The mounting death toll in Iraq has put pressure on President Bush, seeking re-election next year.

Bush on Tuesday blamed the violence in postwar Iraq on members of Saddam Hussein's ousted Baath party and "foreign terrorists."

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2003, 07:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats -
Hope I get this said rightly... gotta add to the above, if from 1960-75 the news had reported every single american VN casualty the way they do today, then they'd have done NOTHING else the whole time.

It does come with a cost.

The trick is, getting americans to comprehend that the shortest route to ending it all is to fall into ranks and files behind or in front of, as the case may be, the commander.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:26 AM

Default ALL FREEDOM!!!!!!

Comes with a cost. Been that way since mankind set foot on this earth. And HUMANS will and can NOT change it!!!!!!
SF
NC
Old 11-02-2003, 07:37 AM

Default BLUEHAWK

It depends on what commander you are talking about. I'm a Republican and I definitely am not in the ranks of the Commander-In-Chief. He has absolutely no credibility and men and women are dying because of his personal agenda. And other costs? 4,000,000 Americans skip a meal or two every day because they can't afford the food. 87B+ could be well spent elsewhere than Iraq.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Onesix, I hear that loud and clear... I'm practically certain what we'd agree is going on along those lines though was, a) not caused solely by the curent President, and b) can be laid at the feet of a gaggle whose efforts are coming in under radar...it is in their personal agenda our danger lies, as far as I can tell. Gotta keep alert though, so that's what we're doing.

That's just what I see so far.