The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2005, 07:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Maggie...I do appreciate your support of the troops, but is it possible for you to talk about anything other than doom and gloom? We all have enough demons to worry about without people constantly throwing more stuff in our face all the time....

Just wondering.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2005, 09:21 AM

Default There is hope

You have a very good point. Last year I asked my pastor whether it would be better for people not to know, as the news was not good. He said, "No, they would want to know what they are dealing with."

I know I have concentrated on this a great deal, as I went on and on about already;

However, the good news is that if this chemical is as harmful as I suspect, then we can keep from harming our grandmas and today's troops too by simple things like wearing goggles & chemical retardant gloves for repetitive exposures. We can inventory what we use and demand no such n-butyl ethers are withheld per proprietory excuses.

We can get an accurtate diagnosis for this, with just a couple of simple of extra tests, on blood that docs take anyway. Sometimes the tests are worse than what ails one. REALLY No more pain and expense on unnecessary tests just to find out what's going on in the first place

AND I do believe there is a cure; though hidden somewhere

Like stopping the autoimmune function of the immune system, maybe with something as simple as a vitamin to help the cell to cell communication or other

Maybe we can stop the harm to innocent babies

Maybe more people will be able to have children in the first place.

I can only point the finger in this direction

The proof and the cures will have to come from those harmed - And when doctors take an interest in doing a little above and beyond.

But, maybe, these chemicals should be banned by the US Legislature, who in my opinion is more powerful than the chemical companies.

Web link of this page
Old 02-17-2005, 09:56 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Hey Bob

Only 0.01% of hot dogs can be rat crap, hell you can hardly taste it.

Have any of your wives ever bugged you for hours over which shade of white you should paint something? I'm convinced that Bright White is rat crap free. By the time you get to Egg Shell it's about 3% poo. There's no telling how much rat crap is in Purple. I try not to think about things like that.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 02-17-2005, 10:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy
AW MAN!!! Now I gotta go home and repaint the living room. It's light brown, (The official color on the can was hamster brown) but first I'm gonna go to lunch and have couple of hot dogs, and to make them go down easier, Im gonna snort some PAM!!!.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 02-17-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Enjoy yourself!

http://www.valdezlink.com/media-grd/lazyhazycrazy.mid

But wear your eye goggles
Old 02-17-2005, 04:27 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

One time, back in AF band camp, a fellow airman was sent TDY to Turkey. While there he paid a visit to a local "establishment" and came back with a nasty case of creepy, crawlies in his short curlies. Too embarrased to go to the dispensary or get something from a local pharmacy, he grabbed a can of DDT from one of our C-141's and gave that part of his anatomy a good dose of the chemical. It worked! He not only got rid of the creepy, crawlies, he also got rid of the short curlies! He also got a rather nasty rash that put him out of social condition for about 3 weeks. A harsh lesson, well learned.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Ouch Doc in the Navy we prefered the shaving half your patch and lighting the other half on fire and stabbing the critters with ice picks when they tried to escape. ArrrrrrrG Matty.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:15 AM

Default DDT?

Well, I had to look it up

Now it is a pesticide (so is 2-butoxyethanol in an odd sort of way)
and this is what they say about it:

Quote:
DDT - well known pesticide - does bioaccummulate

Possible human carcinogen. Human mutagenic effects. May cause reproductive damage. May act as a systemic poison.

http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/DD/DDT.html

Molecular formula: C14H9Cl5
CAS No: 50-29-3
And 2-butoxyethanol: C6H14O2/CH3
http://www.valdezlink.com/inipol/pag...utoxy_msds.htm
which is said NOT to bioaccummulate (But is that so?)

The chemical companies lobbied EPA & the 2 year process ended a year ago. They should have been granted permission to put more 2-butoxyethanol in the air since then (remember worst exposure is in the eyes - & that the elderly & children will be most harmed)

http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/what_...blems/edcs.cfm

So, the main problem is that the pesticides fool the biological processess and that's why the endocrine system & hormones and everything goes high or low whether we are talking about cortisol or blood pressure or blood sugar or thyroid; get the picture?
Quote:
What are EDCs?
Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals

(EDCs) are synthetic chemicals that interfere with naturally produced hormones, the body's chemical messengers, that control how an organism develops and functions.
Many manufactured chemicals mimic natural hormones and send false messages. Other synthetic compounds block the messages and prevent true messages from getting through.

Some cause disruption by preventing the synthesis of the body's own hormones or by accelerating their breakdown and excretion. Some EDCs are persistent in the environment and bioaccumulate; they accumulate in the fatty tissue of organisms and increase in concentration as they move up through the food web.

More on EDCs...

WWF's work to combat the threats from EDCs
EU chemicals reforms
Reducing your risk from EDCs (PDF)

Why are EDCs a threat?
Wildlife and humans are exposed daily to these pervasive chemicals that have already caused numerous adverse effects in wildlife and are most likely affecting humans as well.

Hormones play a crucial role in the proper development of the growing fetus and EDCs can interfere with this development. The fetus is vulnerable even to the most minute concentrations of introduced substances. Substances that have no effect in an adult can become poisonous in the developing embryo.

Chemicals are passed from mother to offspring, via the womb and breastmilk in mammals and via the egg in reptiles, amphibians, fish and chickens, leading to "trans-generational" effects. Because of their persistence and mobility, they accumulate in and harm species far from their original source.

The effects of endocrine disruptors on animals are varied -- ranging from alligators born with abnormally small phalluses and birds with crossed beaks, to the sudden disappearance of entire populations. Wildlife researchers over the last few years have unearthed a variety of endocrine disruptor-related effects: interrupted sexual development; thyroid system disorders; inability to breed; reduced immune response; and abnormal mating and parenting behavior. Species such as terns, gulls, harbor seals, bald eagles, beluga whales, lake trout, alligators, turtles, and others, have suffered more than one of these effects.

Our current knowledge of endocrine disruption has been propelled by the evolving science surrounding this phenomenon. Scientific investigation has intensified over the last several years and has provided steadily growing evidence linking synthetic endocrine-disrupting compounds to impaired health in wildlife and humans.

To learn more , download WWF's Position Papers on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (DOC: 29.0 KB)
Well Does the body have Chlorine? But it does have Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen and I would think that this chemical with 16 (or its compound version, 18 Carbons & only Oxygen and Hydrogen extra ... in a very complex formula, would fool the body better. Maybe it does stay in the body, but it can't be identified once it mixes a person up?

I think it is time to see whether or not it is this chemical that harmed our soldiers in every war since WWII and our grandmas and great grandmas and the Troops today, too!

Any of these health ailments for military or civilians with CFS since WWII? X

This just could be the cheapest study of all; and it may tell us the most

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *

Old 02-18-2005, 11:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

sn-e3,

Sounds like a typical swabbo solution to a problem.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The body has tons of chlorine. It's in sodium chloride, salt. I hate to tell you guys but the delousing powder we used in Vietnam was DDT. I caught head lice from carrying this kid around all day and used it on myself and I am fine. LOL