Old 04-28-2002, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Petersburg National Battlefield

Ashleigh

Registered to :Apr 05, 2002
Posted 05-04-2002 at 16:01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
For your review, the following information is furnished:

Please take a few minutes to view the following Web Pages. In the spirit of our
UCV-GAR veterans and others who dedicated their battlefield and National Park many years ago, our Northern friends from MA and RI, etc., are trying hard to honor our past veterans acomplishments "at Petersburg." Progress is what our CW veteran historians made when our National Park was dedicated -- "To be "preserved unimpaired for future generations." Should so called progress today continue to destroy their efforts?

The following updated Web Sites contain information which will help provide the public a graphic awareness to help preclude such things happening again and to enlist support for real progress today. -- as follows:

"A picture tells a thousand words" at --

http://www2.control.com/~emoore/p-burg
and
http://www.cwoodcock.com/firstmaine

The City of Petersburg's recommendations to the National Park Service have been with the NPS for close to 5 years now. This plan is supported by our city leadership, it's citizens, and significant endorsements. After what we have been through, I believe all the outside support Petersburg has received from all over the country and beyond to be very valuable. Your view and input is very valuable also, and will make a difference!
We can change the picture.

Please feel free to email me should you have any questions or want any detail.

As you know, enough advocacy on any issue is sometimes hard to get. This is one we care about!
This General Management Planning by the National Park Service is important for all of us. Please, contact your representatives in the spirit of our ancestor's struggles and accomplishments, and please send this message to all those you feel are interested and can help preserve it for the future. Heck, send it to everyone!
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Ashleigh Moody
brickhouserun@cs.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile Qoute
chilidog

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 06-04-2002 at 09:32
Hi Ashleigh,
Welcome aboard! I have never been to Petersburg. Maybe you could tell us a little about the park. You can also post pictures in the gallery section.

Childog

Profile Email Qoute
Ashleigh

Registered to :Apr 05, 2002
Posted 06-04-2002 at 14:57
Hello Childog,
I will put some info together and get it out on the site Also. Did you get a chance to review the MA and RI websites? Also, I would be glad to photograph any of our sites of specific interests.
Ashleigh

Profile Qoute
chilidog

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 06-04-2002 at 22:08
Ashleigh,
I haven't looked at the websites yet, but I do have them marked. The boss (my wife) was cracking the whip pretty hard today, so my computer play time was limited.
I would be interested in any battlefield pictures that you have laying around. I have a few posted in the gallery from a few battlefields that I have been to. I have some more if I will ever get around to scanning them.

Chilidog
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links