The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > World War II

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2006, 05:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 7 Dec 1941

REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!

I noticed in today's paper that a story about Pear Harbor and it's few remaining suvivors was relegated to about page 7. Sad.

I wasn't there, but I'll never forget!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2006, 05:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Front page of the Atlanta paper

" No heroes , only survivors " Denver Gray , 89 , said " The memories come flooding back when I come here. It seems like last Tuesday that it happened. The memories come back very clear. We were young lads , young men then. We all changed. At the National Memorial of the Pacific , he touches the . name of John Charters , his best friend in the military. " Every time I come back , I come here to pay my respects to him" When I went to my reunion in DC , at the Wall , it was packed with veterans of our war. Went over to the WWII memorial and though it was packed with people I only saw one old guy with his unit hat on and tears running down his face.Someday the Wall will only have a few old guys with their memories and tears facing it. Proud to have served with you guys and proud of my Dads generation. Salute Dad
Old 12-07-2006, 06:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

My Dad quit college and enlisted on 8 Dec. into the U.S.Navy. Actually, his whole fraternity got drunk and went down the next day. He was always my hero!

John, I salute your dad and all the other dads that heard the call.

Pack

Old 12-07-2006, 07:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

What John and Packo said god bless the survivors of Dec 7th Pearl Harbor.... and to the ones that went down with the Arizona and other Ships
Old 12-10-2006, 09:43 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

My Uncle Teddy was born on December 7 th, 1923, he enlisted in the Navy on December 8th 1941, served aboard the USS Duluth as a Gunners Mate. I remember him saying he would never forget his 18th birthday as they were cutting his birthday cake when the news about Pearl Broke over the radio.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 12-12-2006, 10:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Robert,

The last Command Master Chief here at the hospital was on the Duluth, (doubt it's the WWII one) and just left to go back on it.

Here is to your Uncle Teddy!

Pack

Old 12-06-2007, 11:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default A day that was supposed to always be rememberd...

Its another Pearl Harbor day and hardly anyone takes the time to remember the day that would live in infamy... Its turned into just another day like 9-11 will turn into soon. The way it looks like on the news The dead punk who murderd 8 people in Omaha will probably get more press today then the brave men and women at Pearl that survived and fought the Japaneese back in 1941! So, heres to all the Uncles and Fathers who served on the Arizona and the other ships in Pearl Harbor and the Nurses that braved enemy plane fire to treat the wounded that fatefull day in 1941. They served their Country then like our men and women in todays military proudly serve today... God bless them and keep them safe
Old 12-07-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Sad Day For Sure

I remember Pearl Harbor from my Uncle Lee
Attached Files
File Type: pdf s of Pearl Harbor Dec. 7th.pdf (504.0 KB, 4 views)

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 12-07-2007, 07:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

This day was a hugh day when I was growing up. Last year in the Atlanta paper there was a small artice on about page 12 about Pearl Harbor but this year on the front 3/4 of the first page is " Pearl Harbor : 66 years later ". Picture of Roy Reid , 87 , who lives here and was the co- pilot of the first US airplane shot down by the enemy during WWII on Dec. 7th , 1941. He considers himself " one of the lucky ones on the Day of Infamy " Salute to all our fathers , uncles , brothers and neighbors that fought in WWII.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The Baltimore Sun is reporting that there are fewer Pearl Harbor vets alive now than at any time since the attack.

Their editor must have a mind like a steel trap.

I stand in AWE of such mental prowess and reporting skills.

Steve / 82Rigger