The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2003, 07:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Keeping you up to date...

...I don't know...

...For, around for 4 years now, give or take, I have been trying to clear my name, and have unsuccessful in my mind, maybe the message conveyed has been wrong, or I've been going throught the wrong channels, but I'll attempt to explain here, and maybe some of you can direct me which way to go...

...Sid pm'd me the info on the "psycovets" jackets, etc, and inclusive was the issue of CIB, wings, etc, and I realized once again that although I have been "awarded" compensation for "PTSD" I still do not any "offical" acknowledgement for the USAF on the cause of it...

...I recieved my "appeal" which was denied from DC, but the issues at hand was not an increase in the disability for my arm, I tried to make that clear to my DAV rep from the get go way back when I first signed up with them...

...It is in regards to my Honor, and my name, The issue was to get the USAF to change my DD214 from "personality disorder" to something that represents what I did back on Dec.1st 1979, The board did change my DD214, and it now reads 'JFF", which means "directed by the Secretary of the Air Force", and in the remarks column, it reads"MEMBER HAS NOT COMPLETED FIRST FULL TERM OF SERVICE", not that anyone requires to see a DD214 much now, but the issue to me is that it still looks like I was a "f*#k up" that couldn't cut it...

...I know with all that is going on now, this seems like "self loathing" as it's termed, but to me, and as I said from the start, it is about my Honor, and by that I mean, Sid's discription of the "psyco vet's jackets, etc discribed the available options for embriodery, and it included the CIB, jump winds etc, and in realizing again, the only thing I could offically put on would be "TERROR", the "handle I chose back on the other "bat channel" because it represented what happened on that street many years ago, there was terror in the streets that night as there were 150,000 people crammed together of the "Christmas Light Festival" when two gunman opened fire...

...I did what I had to do, which was disarm the main shooter, and hold him down for 3-4 minutes, give or take a lifetime, and all I ever got was the shaft,...

...My arm tore out after prior surgery,and more knife in 1990 to repair it again and I have a rating of 0% for the acustic truma, (357's make a loud boom at 10 feet away aiming at you), and PTSD, but my point is, How do I get the USAF to put it in my records actually what i did, other then the crap that is now on my DD214, is the DVA only responsible for compensation, or am I barking up the wrong tree..

...hiding for 18 years, and never wanting to upset the apple cart, I've plodded along dealing with it all these years, and now after trying to "set the record straight" for my own mental well being hasn't worked...

...but again this morning, I realized that on the other side of the jacket where you all would disply your CIB, wings excerta, I have a blank space, nothing, it's a hole in my heart, I should have recieved the "Airmens medal" for what I did, and somewhere in my mind, and heart, i still can't face myself in the mirror, some might say let it go, but my honor means everything to me, and maybe i'm just venting again, but this is where I do it...

Can anyone tell me where to write in order for them to investigate the past, and set the record straight, and fully, and fianally ease this burden of my heart, I want them (USAF) to credit me with more then "MEMBER HAS NOT COMPLETED FIRST FULL TERM OF SERVICE"... i see the men in our chapter proudly displaying their awards, and all others during parades, and I'm looked at like "what's he doing here" because I'm showing a blank empty "chest" so to speak,

... to have my full honor bestowed back means everything, How do I get them to give it back, it's not about more compensation, they can take the money, and stick it, it's about dignity, and Honor in these times, and all I have is a shitty piece of paper that still says a negitive stigma attached as far as I'm concerned...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2003, 02:52 PM

SJ,

My take on HONOR:

Another person can never truely give or take away a person's honor.

Honor is something you either have or you don't.Hell, these days most folks don't have any idea what it is,and would consider it a liability if they did.But it's odd that even they can easily recognise a person who has it.

Honor is at once easy/tough to lose.There are many acts that could cause the loss of honor but an honorable person would never consider these acts in the first place.

You are talkin' about AF paperpushers here.They don't know you.They are NOT in a position to make a judgement about your honor or lack thereof.DO NOT empower them to do so!

I may not be able to claim much in the way of honor for myself,but I'm not so near-sighted that I can't recognise it in other folks.YOU GOT IT.YOU'RE STUCK WITH IT.AND I'M WILLIN' TO PUNCH ANY (small,preferably untrained)MEALY-MOUTHED,PAPER-PUCHIN',SUMICH DEAD IN THE NOSE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE!!!

SJ,the folks on this site believe in your honor.With a few notable exceptions, these are warm-blooded,liveing,breathing,walkin' around folks.Which is more important to you: our opinion and appriciation,or the notation of a nameless clerk on a sheet of paper lost in a dust-covered box?

Make the psyco-vets emblem into a patch and wear that.I would consider that supperior to many of the patches that are seen.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:00 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

What the Doc said....

There are many of us that have only the Father and those resting in His arms to witness to the righteous things we have done in a life time....

it's enough....

Arrow>>>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-04-2003, 04:48 PM

What Sparrow said-
and just know that we're all behind you 100%

(Hey I'm just a Mom, but if you want to persue this- there's gotta be someone on here that has some legal expertise to help you. Good luck)
Old 04-04-2003, 05:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SEATJERKER...

I certainly can't help you or give advice. Still, and as: "Vice Commander DAV/Chapter #38/Troy, NY", can't The DAV help you?
Don't "They" help-out their own? Given all the literature received over the years and donations made to The DAV, one would certainly think so. Besides, who should know more about Disabled Veterans problems, anyway?

Neil :cd:
Old 04-08-2003, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Highs to lows...

...just had my morning chuckle, nice because they seem far between, but then the splash of reality hits, and a cringe, and tightness set in...

...fiinshed up writing in reply about Brad, and I had hoped on hearing the cheerful words I did, It made me happy, but then I pick up the local paper to read...

...STUDENT AT LOCAL TRADE SCHOOL CHARGED IN FATEL SHOOTING:
...NATCHITOCHES La.

......A guman opened fire in a classroom at a La. trade school on Monday killing one student, and wounding another, police said...

...CALVIN joseph Coleman,, 22 was arrested about an hour after the shootings...ETC, ETC, ETC... (hey whats the difference, Calvin Joseph, or in my case Calvin Ivory,...

...Just set me off, and back in the hole..........

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk