The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2004, 06:02 AM

Notice there was no profile data for her.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2004, 08:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

DL, it my understanding that the USS Stark was underway when the Iraqi jet put a missile into her; a French Exocet I think. As I recall, the Stark had a radar track and fire control lock on the jet and missile but didn?t engage with the Phalanx anti-missile gun. The reason for not engaging has never been made clear that I know of, but the results are as you have delineated, sadly so. I tend to put the Stark attack in the same category as the bombing of the Beirut Marine barracks, the USS Cole, the Air Force barracks attack in Saudi Arabia and the ?Black Hawk Down? scenario in Semolia. The common thread I see is that we put our Armed Forces in extreme harms way with extreme limits on how they are to react and protect themselves. The enemy we have and have had for a long time sees all this as opportunity and hits right at the self-inflicted voids in our armor, time and time again. Maybe we are waking up now and hitting hard, real hard, before we get hit and I sincerely hope the politicos that have made our Service Guys and Gals sitting ducks are out of business for good and we now have a clearer vision of the battle at hand.

My bottom line is that the USS Stark had everything it needed to trash out that Iraqi Jet and missile, saw it coming, had track and lock but couldn?t/didn?t defend itself. God willing, we will have no more stories like that put on our plate. Alas, may our enemy?s rest in pieces and the more pieces the better as far as I?m concerned, I?m talking molecules or smaller.

Scamp
Old 04-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Doc.2/47

Might wanna add the U.S. embassy in Iran to that list.I've been told that the guards were armed but not allowed ammo.How stupid is that!?
Old 04-24-2004, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

SS
The only thing that has changed is the date on the calendar. I think that I've posted it here before. Vietnamese Election Day, 1967. The streets of QuiNhon are lined with people trying to vote and VC carrying AK's knocking those people to the ground with rifle butts.
I'm driving a 37 passenger Isuzu bus with the men from my unit to their work. Every troop on that bus has their M-14 to show that we were armed. For most of those troops the only time they had seen their weapon was when they arrived in country and got to see their M-14 long enough to write down its serial number. 38 troops carrying 38 M-14's. Not one 7.62 mm round issued to those troops. Would have been better armed with cap guns. At least they made noise. A few months later those VC hit us hard during Tet. We could have wiped them out on Election Day.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Saraja Young lady I've been thinking. How sad it is that people like you cannot understand that the pictures you are sending and believing are caused from our troop are the same victims of there own loony toon sewerside bombers. They bomb there own people and Idiots like yourself assumes its us that did it. You are not showing us anything new girly just different faces. try to get this into yopur little pea brain.. WE had our war different place same results people die and get hurt. I dare you to get off your butt and go the your local VA hospital or even a military hospital where our wounded military people are trying to put their lives back togeather and just walk up to any one of them and sprue your little lies or show them your poor pathtic pictures. and see what happens. Oh come now deary your not a scared of a few disabled warriors are Ya. Now please put your burka back on a slither away to that vile place you want so much to save. they could use another pinheaded SUICIDE bomber over there but please do me a faver and light the fuse before you leave to make sure it works properly thank you dear.