The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Iraqi Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2004, 11:55 AM

Default Who we are fighting in Iraq.

The media would have us believe that it is Iraqui's who are trying to kill our Marines in Fallujah but a "First hand account" that I received this morning from a Marine in Fallujah belies that. According to this Marine, the people they are fighting, and killing in large numbers, came into Iraq from Syria and Iran. He categorized them as "Professional Soldiers" who were performing disciplined "Bounding Fire and movement....they knew what they were doing.....even when we knocked them back, they were 'bounding'". Time to send a warning to Syria and Iran in the form of a few cruise missles aimed at their respective "Seats of Government" and let them know that there were lots more to send if they don't stop sending troops into Iraq. I don't think that our present government will react the same way Johnson did when the North Vietnamese claimed that they had no soldiers in South VIetnam in 1968 even though we were only killing PAVN Troops because we had run out of VC to kill.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2004, 12:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default colmurph

Thanks for the news from the front! I get similar stories from our #2 pup, but his circumstances are slightly different.

The similarities of post-Tet Vietnam and modern day Iraq are not so much is the "quagmire" that the press insists upon, as you pointed out, but the absence of locals doing the fighting. I also recall, after Tet 1968, the near-total absence of bad guys in areas where before, a reinforced rifle company was required to enter.

Another similarity is the continued and concerted efforts of the mainstream press to undermine the morale of our troops. Comparing the events in Sadr to an uprising is like comparing a knife-fight to the battle at the Alamo. My lad repeatedly urges us to ignore what the mainstream liars are peddling, as it bears little resemblance to the actualities he see out on the street. As you recall, I'm certain, that it was the press and their willing accomplices, that convinced the American people we had lost in Vietnam.

If all our Tomahawk missles weren't used up in destroying Sudanese aspirin factories, maybe three each could be directed towards the respective capitals of Syria and Iran. I would also send a post-explosion note to each site, via their ambassador in D.C., that future visits should be expected, unless a permanent ban on exporting fighters is enacted.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-21-2004, 01:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

So..are you proposing an "incursion ( a la Cambodia in 1970 and Laos in 1971 ) to forestall attacks on our troops in Iraq ? Where does it end ? I now agree with Sid...this is becoming very similar to the SouthEast Asian debacle we are all too familiar with....

Thanks for the info.

Larry
Old 04-21-2004, 05:59 PM

Nope...not an "Incursion" just hit them with a couple of cruise missiles and send a note to them via diplomatic channels that there will be more on the way if they keep sending combatants into Iraq to de-stabilize what we are doing. I think they have enough smarts to figure out that we could decimate both countries even with all we have in Iraq. Don't forget, were not using the Air Force or the Navy much in Iraq. Lots of fighter wings to knock both Syria and Iran flat.