The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2020, 11:08 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Are Masks Healthy???

I was early taught by some teacher in grade school that constantly re-breathing in what exhaled (carbon dioxide), which is now quite commonly forced upon millions by face mask wearing decrees, is NOT Healthy and NOT Very Good for you.

So, and nowadays with all the differing views about face masks abounding, I thought I'd get a valid second opinion from True or False SNOPES, since The Experts change their opinions about masks every other day.

Whatever, here 'ts.

What's True
Breathing in excessive carbon dioxide is dangerous for the body. Some people with preexisting respiratory illnesses may face health issues only with prolonged use of tight-fitting masks, such as respirators.

What's False
However, people wearing cloth or surgical masks are in little to no danger of breathing in unhealthy amounts of carbon dioxide.

Neil
Old 07-10-2020, 01:22 PM

Reco - I smoke like a bandit - I most likely have lung cancer (I've already got some skin cancer - they carve me up like turkey to remove it) - when they open me up during my autopsy I'm sure that will be my call. I drink beer occasionally plus a couple shots. Once an awhile I may drink wine (day-go red). I eat all the wrong foods. Stomach cancer maybe.
-
I wear a mask when requested to do so. I may still get the virus. I'm 74+ how much more do I have to accumulate to meet the maker?
-
Fear kills more people just from hypertension & anxiety.
-
We all know what to do. We can't be responsible for people who are contrary. If we go another direction - well then that's their (or our) decision. And many will.
-
I'm not a hypocrite rather I see as is. I'm a realist. Time is all we have. But we also know there's an end of time.
-
Our world is all we have. Each of us knows right from wrong. We can't change those who've taken a different path. These are their rights.

God Bless America - and all the People's on this good Earth.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:14 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats,
Sorry for all your health issues and problems, Youngster (got you by about 10)
Neil

Regardless, I dug up more on the computer about how good long time breathing in ones own exhaling (carbon dioxide) is good for you.

Here's something from: Lambertsen, C. J. (1971). "Carbon Dioxide Tolerance and Toxicity". Environmental Biomedical Stress Data Center, Institute for Environmental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. IFEM. Philadelphia, PA. Report No. 2-71.

Too Much Carbon Dioxide Is Toxic

However, if you breathe high concentrations of carbon dioxide or re-breathe air (such as from a plastic bag or tent), you may be at risk for carbon dioxide intoxication or even carbon dioxide poisoning. Carbon dioxide intoxication and carbon dioxide poisoning are independent of oxygen concentration, so you may have enough oxygen present to support life, yet still suffer from the effects of rising carbon dioxide concentration in your blood and tissues.

The condition of excess carbon dioxide concentration in the blood is called hypercapnia or hypercarbia. Symptoms of carbon dioxide toxicity include high blood pressure, flushed skin, headache and twitching muscles. At higher levels, you could experience panic, irregular heartbeat, hallucinations, vomited and potentially unconsciousness or even death.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:32 PM

Reco

I've got most of those issues - but after my check ups the VA say's I'm healthy as an old dog!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-11-2020, 01:49 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats,

After your response, I can't tell whether it's You or VA (or both) that have a good sense of humor.

Neil
Old 07-11-2020, 02:19 PM

Reco - its tough to teach an old dog any new tricks. Same for us old folks. Once we get set in our ways - well there's not much anyone can do about it. We make the best of each day as tomorrow may bring sorrow - or just another day.

But I feel the worse when I see my daughter's busting their ass working and taking care of their kids. Now their kids are also working to help offset the shortages that their Mother can't make up. We've helped them during tough times but eventually we won't be around to help them when the need arises.

They are now at the age where they see what their parents went through and say how did you do it. Well I give the credit to my frugal wife - she's my minister of finance. She handles the books and pays all the bills. I get an allowance and when gone that's it until she says so. Kath's the best thing that ever happen to me. But now she's so sick I can't fix her issues. I do my best but its never enough. She's been to so many doctor's looking for someone who say's I can help you - but after 7-9 years her condition has only gotten worse. She degrading and her condition is worsening. She just wants to die as she often say's nobody should have to live like this. Depressing as hell. Her central nervous system has undergone a breakdown from her brain through her spine all the way to her feet and legs. Tremors are constant - temperature changes excite her nervous system in ways you can't believe. Medications worsen her abilities to function properly - 10-12 neurosurgeons have seen her - she's had extensive nerve testing and the condition is such that the prescribed medications only make her worse. I wouldn't wish this on anyone! She's not alone there are thousands with these issues unbeknownst to us until much later. But she's a tough Italian and deals with it every day. So when I think I have it bad off - there's always someone else whose suffering ten fold more than me.

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-13-2020, 08:31 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Again Boats, I feel sorry for you and yours many maladies and problems.

But, and getting back that dictate of all CONSTANTLY wearing masks in public (even outdoors now), one wonders why the harmfulness of CONSTANTLY re-breathing what exhaled or Carbon Dioxide is TOTALLY kept under-the-rug by the: "Experts", and TOTALLY kept Secret from the American People?

Sure, selling vast amounts (Hundreds of Millions) of masks is good bu$$ine$$. But, SO WHAT!

Neil
Old 07-13-2020, 08:43 AM

Thumbs up

The gal at the smoke shop I go to in Indiana - she started making mask out of material and sold them at $5 dollars each. She made $3800+ dollars selling 760 of her homemade mask.
People would buy anywhere from 1-2 to 3-5 at a time. (Side job made some extra money) can't blame her for that. They still have a rack of mask in the smoke shop and they still go.
-
As as being healthy - as long as only one person uses the mask. I'd say periodic washing as needed or usage - is recommended.
-
I wear a mask when required otherwise - its just me and world. I've haven't known anyone personally that died except for on VFW guy from WWII died from it - per our Commander.

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"