The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > World War I

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default The interior of the Mk IV

In this excellent video, courtesy of the Australian War Memorial in Australia, and narrated by Mike Cecil, Head of Military Heraldry and Technology in that museum, you get a absolutely unique insight in the anatomy of the Mk IV, in this case the female "Grit".
Below some plans, showing interior detail:

The photos below of a Mk IV Male interior were taken in the Army Museum in Brussels.
They may appear a bit random and does not cover the complete interior, simply because I did not have real access to the interior, but took these photos mainly through pistol ports, open hatches and the like. But they will still be useful, I trust, especially if you try to refer to the plan above. Click on the thumbnails to see the full pictures.

These first two photos below show the Mk IV Female that can be seen in Lincoln, UK, the third the interior of a Mk IV in Australia:
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links