The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2004, 03:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Keith -
Yeah, but HOW mean can they actually get! Gotta watch out for that problem :-)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2004, 04:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Couple of thoughts

Having been in a couple of Really, No-Kidding Live Fire Exercises and all the attendant frivolities that said activities entail, there is no place for women in combat roles. Some don't have the strength, some don't have the temperament, and the same could be said for some men. But the missing element in all the previous posts is the issue of sexual tensions that women bring to the table. (Now there's a kinky thought! Ooops, I digress)

A commander has to concern himself with operations, logistics, personnel, green air support, blue air support, redleg activity, supporting fires/activities of adjacent units, the bad guys, morale, and a few dozen other combat multipliers. Add in the issue of sexual tension, either from women or from homosexual men, and this is simply one more item that serves only as a detractor from accomplishing the mission. To think that it won't happen is to be so naive as to be placing one's unit in severe jeopardy, should excrement become propelled towards wind generating devices.

In today's difficult martial environment, it's becoming more and more difficult to keep women in the rear areas, as the fluidity of front lines, even if they exist, the constant metamorphing of the physical and metaphysical locale, due to the nature of counter-terrorist operations. For my money, the further back the better is where they belong. In GW I, we had an instant of some serious he-ing and she-ing going on, and the couple was captured by the Iraqis, way out in Indian territory.

But back to the original idea: if we reinstitute the draft, it best be fair, evenly administered, and impartial, not like during the last time. Draft 'em!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-31-2004, 04:24 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Today

Today is a different time, Women-for some dumb ass reason- want to have the opertunity to die in a combat situation. Normally I would say, go right ahead. But I guess Im getting old. 1st , make the opertunity available,
2nd , train them, then train them some more.
3rd, make sure they really know what they are getting into.
4th,

Let them die.

5th praise the hell out of the ones that make it.

Ron
Old 01-31-2004, 07:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thank you for stepping in Scout...

Don't want 'em to die Ron...
Old 02-01-2004, 03:50 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default BH

Combat is not a video game, There is no reset button. People die in combat, Thats what they are there to kill each other, Whitewashing it doesn't do them any good, If they go into combat, there is a real good chance of getting killed.
That was one of my points of the Gulf war, Those guys are getting a false sence of what combat is. Some Army's out there stand and fight and the good guys don't always win.
Ron
Old 02-01-2004, 05:50 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I know Ron, that's what I always keep in mind when people start DEMANDING to be sent into combat... on the other hand, I believe the female Marines and Army do train these days with shoulder arms (maybe other stuff too for all I know), not sure what AF & Navy do about weapons training anymore... when I was in I don't recall SEEING a female on the bases except maybe at the hospital, or civilians at the BX.

I figure though, if a unit was isolated, had females in it and was attacked severely the women would know how to use the weapons and their help would come in handy... something like that... it's hard to talk about without seeming to insult ladies, which I don't mean to do.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default BH

Don't belive an all female combat unit would work, 1st thought, Its discrimination,
If you were in a hostal country and you get intel as to the enemys streangth, Don't you think the enemy might also get some intel, and when they find out they are up against a all female unit, Just what do you think the enemy might do in this case. (Make the American dawgs pay)

Probably go down along side of custer.
Yes there will be some sexual tention, so, deal with it.

I belive when the shit hits the fan, women would do ok, and thats all you can ask out of anyone.
I would demand one thing though, tell them the truth.
That way when there frends face is missing it wont be a suprise.

Ron
Old 02-04-2004, 01:08 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Hadn't though of that thing you mentioned Ron... about the women being singled out for "special treatment" by an enemy... but crap man, if any enemy was so stupid as to do that they'd have a freakin' "student body left" maneuver on their butts in about five, or so it would seem, and there, too, is maybe another reason not to do the women units... guys could get distracted, come to the aid and be real cranky, is that what you're thinking too?
Old 02-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Blue

I don't think in combat anyone on the US side would ask or care if the unit was all women or not, When the shit hits the fan the arty is comeing and mortars and jets, theres not a lot of time to analise who is in what unit. The support units would do there job, The Airforce and Navy would do there job and the women unit would still get over-ran, if nothing else, just for the propaganda that action would bring.
All female units wouldn't work in combat, in no combat sure.

I guess Im reminded of a fire I was on not to long ago,
I was behind this guy on a large hose line for about 2 hours, The fire was so intence that the water we were standing in started to boil, after we got the fire under control, we were all high fiveing each other when I noticed the guy in front of me for 2 hours was one of our female firefighters. I had no Idea, and wouldn't have cared if I knew, what mattered is the person did her job and didn't panic, and WE kicked ass.

Ron
Old 02-07-2004, 03:49 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Yup, probably so Ron, probably so...

What I let my mind think back to, right or not, is the Demi Moore character in "GI Jane", (what happened to her I mean) AFTER she performed well with Seals... the politics of women in combat, in other words, is far more worrisome (to me) than their actual presence or absence.... just thinking about it is all.