The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2006, 10:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up A Plea To Make A Military Member's Christmas Just A Little Happier:

With Christmas and the New Year right around the corner, I am hoping that all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters will join me in trying to make a Military Member, who will be forced to spend the holidays in Walter Reed Army Medical Center, just a little happier. They probably WILL NOT even have the luxury of having friends and family to visit them, and t hus bring the Military Member a little friendship and love while they get back on their feet.

Most are there because they received terrible wounds while defending the rest of us against others that desire to destroy America and all that it represents. They know, as all Gulf War Vets also know, that FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE. IT MUST BE PERIODICALLY PURCHASED WITH PAIN, BLOOD AND SUFFERING. The Gulf War Veterans chose to serve in the Military, in order to insure that the rest of us might be FREE to celebrate Christmas and the New Year as FREE AMERICANS. Now they face the upcoming Holidays in Walter Reed because of their service to the rest of us.

A long time ago I vowed that no new Veteran would be forced to go through what we Vietnam Veterans were forced to endure. that being OTHER AMERICANS BACK HOME that were uncaring and ungrateful for our service in Vietnam. We were shunned, and spat upon, on our return from Vietnam. These GULF WAR VETERANS DESERVE FAR BETTER THEN WE WERE FORCED TO ENDURE!

There is a way to easily show our support for today's Veterans, and possibly some older Vietnam Veterans as well, that are confined to Walter Reed. When you send out your Christmas Cards PLEASE make out one more card and include a little Thank You message.

The Cards may be sent to:

A RECOVERING AMERICAN SERVICE MEMBER
CARE OF: WALTER REED ARMY MEDICAL CENTER
6900 GEORGIA AVENUE NORTH WEST
WASHINGTON D.C.
20307-5001

Thank you for remembering our current Wounded Veterans

To all of the Gulf War Veterans I wish you all a great big heart felt:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links